Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help with emissions test in Denver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn thats not good news am going sometime i hope my car will pass with the GSC s1 cams
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

i think im registering the car under my uncles name, and he doesnt live here in fort collins..so would that affect me being able to register it here? ( he lives in aurora)
Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

El Paso County = NO EMISSIONS!!

Cheers-
Erich
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

well everyone.. on friday last week sigfrid and i changed the spark plugs ( NGK copper) readjusted the cams to -2 intake and +2 exhuast ( i think..or it might be the other way around) and changed back to stock exhuast and cat and down pipe

went to emissons on saturday and got a reading of 0.5 for high HC :] finally passed..jus gotta put the vishnu back on now
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

another way that i get around it is i just apply for a one year pass because the car is out of state for a few months each year. just keep doing that every year. also summit county does not have emissions.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:17 AM

I just don't want to let some punk drive my car. I have been trying to figure a way around it, but can't so far. I did try the RapidScreen thing (white vans by on-ramps). I went by it on six different occassions, but I didn't pass for some reason, and they wont tell you why you didn't pass, so now I have to go let some punk drive my car....

What do people with Ferrari's do? They don't go where we go.

By the way - it's 4 years exemption for a new car.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

yes it is 4 year exemption but i bought the car used from another owner and inorder to register it i had to get an emissons test... so yours didnt pass anywhere? maybe its your testpipe according to your sig?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
adx
Evolving Member

The test facility didnt tell you why you failed? WTF... they have always told me. Some of them even start giving me ideas of where to start.

Glad it passed yo. A bit of relief..
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

i think batmoEvo didnt get a test sheet saying he didnt pass was becuase he said he went to those side of the road kinda tests?

i think i went to one of those with my other car before
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:39 PM

Yeah, the RapidScreen sucks. I didn't pass (I had already put my cat back on) so I called them to find out more information. All they told me is that they send all of their data to the DMV. You can guess what happens to the info then...

I'm now a month past registration becuase as I was driving to the emissions facility, my check engine light came on!

Check out the thread 'cuz I need some help!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=318648
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

What up guys, I'm looking to purchase an '03 EVO here shortly. It's black with about 33K Miles on here. Anyhow, do you think I'd pass emissions with it?

- HKS Intake and Catback
- Apexi Turbo Timer
- Apexi SAFC
- I/C Piping redone

I'm not sure how lean the previous owner is running this EVO, I'm guessing it's on the safe side for the most part. Anyhow do you guys think I'd run into any issue when emission test rolls around? I'll probably have to hide or conceal the SAFC with a towel or something, besides that I'm guessing the EVO is pushing around 330-350 hp.

Thanks,

- Steve
Old Jan 17, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sdfontanini
What up guys, I'm looking to purchase an '03 EVO here shortly. It's black with about 33K Miles on here. Anyhow, do you think I'd pass emissions with it?

- HKS Intake and Catback
- Apexi Turbo Timer
- Apexi SAFC
- I/C Piping redone

I'm not sure how lean the previous owner is running this EVO, I'm guessing it's on the safe side for the most part. Anyhow do you guys think I'd run into any issue when emission test rolls around? I'll probably have to hide or conceal the SAFC with a towel or something, besides that I'm guessing the EVO is pushing around 330-350 hp.

Thanks,

- Steve
i think its required by CO law that when u buya used car teh previous owner has to make sure the car passes emissons. so before you buy it talk it out with the seller and work something out if the car does not pass. It is their responsibility to make the car pass.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

did u figure out wat was wrong batmoEVO?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sdfontanini

- HKS Intake and Catback
- Apexi Turbo Timer
- Apexi SAFC
- I/C Piping redone

Thanks,

- Steve
I don't want to be critical or anything but please remove the SAFC from the car. There is a lot better way to tune it than that. The SAFC can be left in the Honda camp. Besides, if you use ECUFlash, you won't have to worry about "hiding" things.

Cheers-
Erich
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the infor Wicked E, gonna test drive another one tonight. We'll see what I think..

Quick Reply: Help with emissions test in Denver