Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACT Street Disc

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007 | 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

ACT Street Disc

Hey guys,

looking to upgrade my clutch...strickly street driving... maybe a trip or two to that track not a big deal. But i saw the thread were everyone voted on the best clutch for my needs and more then 50% voted on the ACT SD so im curious to see where the best price is (the cheapest ive seen it is...519 and... if anyone upgraded their flywheel along with this clutch positives and negatives of upgrading my flywheel
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

I have the ACT HD Street Disc and Street-Lite Flywheel combo. Pedal feels good and grabs great to. Havent got to try it on the track yet though.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

the HD is the increased pedal feel right? because there are two Street Disc set ups. the one with the like stock feel and the increased pedal feel the xtreme
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

I am guessing by SD you mean "street disk"???? You still have two options then... The MB7-HDSS (heavy duty pressure plate) or the MB7-XTSS (xtreme pressure plate).

Personally, I have the XTSS and love it, but if you aren't modding too much you can just use the HDSS. As my car only had 13,000 miles on it when my clutch went I didn't even have to resurface my flywheel. I just wiped it off with brake clean and checked it with a straight edge, so I cant comment on a flywheel.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

yea...my car will probably have about...18k-20k when i put the new clutch in. so thats why im asking about the flywheel. in terms of clamp load. jscspeed on their website has it as 497lbtq it doesnt give a rating for the xtreme pressure plate. is it the same?
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vvhiteix
the HD is the increased pedal feel right? because there are two Street Disc set ups. the one with the like stock feel and the increased pedal feel the xtreme
Both of our pressure plates will have a stiffer pedal. The HD will be the closest to stock and the XT will be a bit more noticeable in terms of pedal effort. The kit you are looking for is MB7-HDSS.

We offer two different flywheels for the Evo, a Streetlite at 13.1 lbs. and a Prolite at 10.1 lbs. If you do a lot of drag racing or live in an area with a lot of inclines you may want to stick with the Streetlite. If you're looking for the best response to throttle inputs the Prolite would be your best bet but may take a day or two to adjust your technique when taking off from a start. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vvhiteix
yea...my car will probably have about...18k-20k when i put the new clutch in. so thats why im asking about the flywheel. in terms of clamp load. jscspeed on their website has it as 497lbtq it doesnt give a rating for the xtreme pressure plate. is it the same?
When I bought my xtss prostreetonline said 636 tq, now they say 567 tq. lol

You have to remember though 497 tq is a lot in an evo. You probably need a fully built motor to hit those numbers for the simple fact that a turbo big enough to hit numbers that high wont spool until after peak tq. There are 500-600 hp evo's with tq in the 400's.

Last edited by Markley02; Nov 15, 2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

yea because im basically heading up to sean ivey in a month or so...probably after the winter for a tune and i will only be around... 350 whp and 330wtq
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

im running the xtss with 6 puck disc and prolite flywheel. great pedal feel, grabs well and upgrade the clutch line and youll have better accuracy of where the release point is
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

ACT HD here and its great. I push the **** out of it all the time and it holds great. Just make sure to get it installed by a professional who knows how to install a EVO clutch right.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

The ACT HDSS kit is the best for the money for the evo.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 20Grockit
im running the xtss with 6 puck disc and prolite flywheel. great pedal feel, grabs well and upgrade the clutch line and youll have better accuracy of where the release point is
Just to clear it up so he doesn't get confued. You do not have a xtss with 6 puck. That is impossible. "xt" is for the pressure plate and "ss" means it is a street disk. I am pretty sure we all got what you are trying to say, but getting confused about this stuff isn't cool. lol

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
ACT HD here and its great. I push the **** out of it all the time and it holds great. Just make sure to get it installed by a professional who knows how to install a EVO clutch right.
IMO there is no reason why anyone with the right tools cant do it. There is a write up here and at evo moto. Get some beer and pizza and invite over some friends. It should take around 8 hours for the first timer so plan it around a weekend.
Old Nov 15, 2007 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

i have the HD...you get used to the pedal being stiffer after like 20 minutes

i love the clutch