Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car wont start after motor went back in

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2007, 09:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTech
Bingo! $10 says it is upside down. It goes in looking right and if you do not pay atttention it can easily be installed upside down. First thing to do is get a code reader and see if there is a soft code for the crank angle sensor. Believe it or not it will not throw a check engine light but it will show up with a scanner. Unforuntalty I know from personal experience right after I built my engine too. After I turned it around, it fired on the first try.
And this was also the first thing I had suggested, just as I was going to suggest to this poster..

If you didn't touch the ECU, its rarely an immobilizer issue if it worked before.. but we did test that on your car just to be certain.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 09:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Things to check if it barely idles and dies,

1) Base Idle Speed setting (not necessary if you never touched it)
2) Not-so-obvious vacuum leaks, look for cuts in hoses and couplers
3) Check for more CEL codes, their a dead giveaway
4) Cam angle sensor, however the car will idle with it out of phase, it provides a reference signal along with the crank sensor.
5) if your also getting a VSS problem (speedo not working) check the main harness connections
6) check to make sure the MAF sensor isn't damaged or installed in such a way where alot of air bypasses
7) Your DV is still recirculated?
8) Did you check the vacuum lines behind the intake manifold to make sure they didn't come off?

I have a few more suggestions, but alot of this is easier to diagnose with a scan tool as fuel trims and O2 voltage can give some insight into what is going on.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it has a stroker bottom end and hks 280s in the head.

did a boost leak test and had 2 but I fixed those. im still recirculated. the codes that popped up was the vss and i didnt tighten my gas cap and it threw a code for that. all the lines are connected to the intake manifold.