Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

turbo swap complete something is really wronge with car i need help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo swap complete something is really wronge with car i need help

ok so i completed my viii to ix turbo swap and i hav everything hooked up, im still running the stock manifold and 02 housing so i just swapped out the ix turbo and it came with the install kit for the viii. after swapping everything out and putting it back to gether. the car is barely running. i added a fmic, ic piping, bov, tbe, ix turbo, defi boost guage, and intake and i still dont have a tune, even given that i do not think the car should be runnning like it is. the only things that i have added since the car ran fine are the fmic, defi boost guage, and the ix turbo.

ok so now that you know the back ground here is what the car is doing. when taking the manifold off, the two studs that connect the mani to the tubo broke off the old viii turbo so i drove the car up to auto zone to get the two bolts for the manifold and it ran alrigh not good but i tried not to even boost the turbo at all on the way up there. after i added the two bolts i needed at autozone, i cranked it up and it idled and reved fine, as soon as i went to drive away it started acting up bad. it started stalling out and it keeps trying to the whole time i drive it. The turbo seems to start trying to boost at 1500 rpm and the more it boost the more power i loose. the turbo will not boost higher than 5 psi and when it hits it i completley looses all power. the car jerks and stalls and want do over 35mph. its like it trys to build boost then just want make any power at all. it idles from 500 to 1500 rpm.

we have checked everything many times to make sure all the hoses are hooked up and they are. the hoses to the turbo and waste gate are all conected. the bov hoses are connected. the intake and maf are all conected. the 02 sensor is connected. i dont know what it could be. the car also seems to be running very rich. i really need help i know i need a tune for sure but i dont think the car should be acting this bad. i need to get the car to run good enough to make the 50 mile drive to get it tuned by dapper dan. someone please try to help me out with this . thanks alot guys

Last edited by TREVORSEVOVIII; Nov 26, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

to sum it up, the intake will throw off your tune so bad its rediculous.

Tune it and see if it fixes the problem.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

if you want, post your logs in ecuflash and we can all help you with your tune
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

what blow off valve did u put on try putting your ol old one back on?like u said the car proably has to be tuned but it would not be acting that bad
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Paragraphs and the shift key are your friend.

I seriously came to read and try and assist but my eyes are old.

From the stuff that I did read...I think you have a boost leak.....nothing you added (at least that I saw) would cause your car to run horribly.

Matt
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:42 PM
Account Disabled

double check your maf, ive seen lots of guys plug them in but it didnt plug all the way in to where it clicks...and it will cause your car to run very ****ty.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds exactly like an intercooler coupler came off.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2.3 Evo 8
Sounds exactly like an intercooler coupler came off.
I agree
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

do you have a leak tester? Do a leak test of you pipes for boost leaks. Got mine from www.siliconeintakes.com or make your own from home depot. Usually when you do all that work you should leak check it.