Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Going for 900whp this Week!!! Pics Inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USP Motorsports
Its not something they can fix they said.. it has to do with my setup not working with the turbo.. Im not catering my entire car around a turbo.. I haver heard of these issues with a garrett or precision..
Are you just going to keep replacing them and is Bullseye working on a solution, or do they even know what is happening to the turbo? I don't understand why they couldn't fix it.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokinU
Are you just going to keep replacing them and is Bullseye working on a solution, or do they even know what is happening to the turbo? I don't understand why they couldn't fix it.
from what ive read i think a 4202 is in his near future...i dont think anyone has the funds to change turbos every other pass
Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by reactionevo8
from what ive read i think a 4202 is in his near future...i dont think anyone has the funds to change turbos every other pass
its not even funds cause the warranteed the 1st one.. its the time and effort it takes to do it when it shouldnt need ot be done every few passes..

4202 is probably what i am going to use just like everyone else...
Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Chris, who did you talk to about the turbo being overspun?? Nice gauge wonder when they will be available?
all the info i got was from in that thread i posted. just thought it might be of help.

sorry i cant help more!

Chris.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by chuntington101
all the info i got was from in that thread i posted. just thought it might be of help.

sorry i cant help more!

Chris.

Chris I re-read that thread and those are the same guys I use for my turbo building. They know their stuff when it comes to turbos.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

its not even funds cause the warranteed the 1st one.. its the time and effort it takes to do it when it shouldnt need ot be done every few passes..

I've seen this alot with the BW stuff. The turbos work very well and make very good power but once you start leaning on them they fall apart. Unless you have a few replacements sitting on the shelf and the time to change them the performance does not outway there durablility.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shearer
I've seen this alot with the BW stuff. The turbos work very well and make very good power but once you start leaning on them they fall apart. Unless you have a few replacements sitting on the shelf and the time to change them the performance does not outway there durablility.

I could not complain about how the car felt with the BW turbo.. I was amazed it stayed on boost being journal bearing @ that size turbo.. like you said though, you have to have longevity along with the performance..
Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Shearer
Agree, that the stock units from Bullseye have been iffy at best. I wonder if the guys on the honda forum have seen this post or know how the BW's do.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:35 PM

Did you end up with a 4202 already? Or going to give the BW another shot?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 04:06 PM
Account Disabled

Did you end up with a 4202 already? Or going to give the BW another shot?

do you know or did they tell you what caused the failure on the BW?

Ken
Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PeakBoost

do you know or did they tell you what caused the failure on the BW?

Ken
ok i have no answer from bullseye which is who i bough the BW unit from.. they havent gotten the units back yet to analyze..

now i spoke with jose @ forcedinductions.com who seems to have better knowledge of what the issue is.. in his opinion i am overspinning the turbo.. he says the 72mm wheel is working much harder and spinning at rpms the turbo cannot handle due to my setup.. he said i could try a 76+mm wheel and see if i can make the boost i want and power and not have to work the turbo as hard.. I am by no means a turbo expert. he mentioned many things to me about why its not working i didnt exactly understand,,

I will not go back to BW at this time.. I think them having only a 270 thrust is part of the reason the turbo dies at 50psi.. all of my turbo have thrust towards the compressor.. its not an issue of the wheel moving up and down, its an issue of moving in and out which much worse then up and down.. if and when BW comes out with a 360thrust and tests the turbo successfully i might try them again.. truth is though is the 4202 is working the way its supposed im probably not going to try to fix something that isnt broken.. ill keep you guys posted..
Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Hope this doesn't happen to me. I haven't push 50 psi jet, I still at 44 with NOS but my goal is to fix or change the boost control so I can reach 50+ psi.

I will appreciate you keep us informed to see what BW have to say about your failure. Those turbos are running fine on the Hondas but those guys are not pushing that amount of boost.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:58 AM

ok i have no answer from bullseye which is who i bough the BW unit from.. they havent gotten the units back yet to analyze..

now i spoke with jose @ forcedinductions.com who seems to have better knowledge of what the issue is.. in his opinion i am overspinning the turbo.. he says the 72mm wheel is working much harder and spinning at rpms the turbo cannot handle due to my setup.. he said i could try a 76+mm wheel and see if i can make the boost i want and power and not have to work the turbo as hard.. I am by no means a turbo expert. he mentioned many things to me about why its not working i didnt exactly understand,,

I will not go back to BW at this time.. I think them having only a 270 thrust is part of the reason the turbo dies at 50psi.. all of my turbo have thrust towards the compressor.. its not an issue of the wheel moving up and down, its an issue of moving in and out which much worse then up and down.. if and when BW comes out with a 360thrust and tests the turbo successfully i might try them again.. truth is though is the 4202 is working the way its supposed im probably not going to try to fix something that isnt broken.. ill keep you guys posted..
Awesome. The guys at FI know there stuff for sure. Of course being an engineering house for Garrett, T-netics and BWA helps to. I'm sure they are well versed with all the up and downs on all the different chargers. Did you end up getting a GT42 then? Sucks about the other units turning out to be problems.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

42r will be here tomorrow.. begin of the week we will touch up the tune but i dont think i am going to push it past the low 800's.. I want the car dialed in at the track on 800hp before i go up anymore with it..
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:14 AM

42r will be here tomorrow.. begin of the week we will touch up the tune but i dont think i am going to push it past the low 800's.. I want the car dialed in at the track on 800hp before i go up anymore with it..
Guess you ended up sending all the blown up units back to Bullseye then?

Can't wait to see the comparison on boost versus HP between the 74mm 42R and the 72mm Borg Warner.

Quick Reply: Going for 900whp this Week!!! Pics Inside!!!