Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Going for 900whp this Week!!! Pics Inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by reactionevo8
from what ive read you made 802 at 44lbs on the s372 and then made 904 at 47lbs on the larger 4202...so im not sure why you keep saying you got 100whp more at less boost...sure at the same boost level you probably made more power but not 100whp more...also i was wondering what cft had to say when you went to their shop to change turbos..they claim to have told you to get oil from another source

quote"They where here @ our shop the weekend of the War of the Imports and we told them that they were getting the oil feed from the wrong spot!

The EVO's have Oil/Lubrication problem from where they are getting the oil feed, which is in front of the head. Thats the last place on those motor to get oil, we check on our "Eligal EVO" and on that spot @ high RPM gets about 30-35psi of oil pressure!!!
Everybody knows that @ 9,000+RPM and @ 40+psi NO turbo is going to hold with 30-35 psi of oil pressure!!! "

I am waiting to hear back from bullseye but as i said i am 99.9% sure it is not an oiling issue.. I had someone look at the turbo locally that builds BW turbos for alot of guys in Puerto Rico and he also said it was not an oiling issue.. I would elaborate alot more on what we think is the issue but as i promised bullseye i would not post anything else til they looked at the turbo and gave me their input..

BB turbos do not require much more than 20psi of pressure IMO.. A very well known builder/tuner has assured me feedling the turbo from the head is no issue on my new setup..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Dec 22, 2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nos51
what a/r is the 4202 now?

btw way glad to see tony1 on here,congrats on the times!!
1.01 a/r
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by USP Motorsports
I am waiting to hear back from bullseye but as i said i am 99.9% sure it is not an oiling issue.. I had someone look at the turbo locally that builds BW turbos for alot of guys in Puerto Rico and he also said it was not an oiling issue.. I would elaborate alot more on what we think is the issue but as i promised bullseye i would not post anything else til they looked at the turbo and gave me their input..

BB turbos do not require much more than 20psi of pressure IMO.. A very well known builder/tuner has assured me feedling the turbo from the head is no issue on my new setup..
i know that bb turbos dont require as much oil...i was just quoting a post made by cft,hence the quotations and the word quote in bold,i think they were talking about non bb turbos when they made the post though
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, the BB turbo doesn't require much oil at all, so if it was an oil issue, it would not show itself with the Garrett like it did with the journal bearing BW. For what it's worth, i run my turbo with a -4 feed line from the block and run about 85psi oil pressure.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by reactionevo8
i know that bb turbos dont require as much oil...i was just quoting a post made by cft,hence the quotations and the word quote in bold,i think they were talking about non bb turbos when they made the post though
and i was just replying back to the part in quote " NO turbo" will survive at 35psi of oil pressure.. again, ill wait to hear back from BW on their diagnosis but im confident its not oil related.. another reason why i know its not oil related is cause the 1st turbo had over 20 dyno pulls before it let go and it let go when we went up over 45psi.. the 2nd turbo last 2 passes at the track cause both passes were up over 45psi.. if it was an oil issue the 1st turbo would have let got at 20-40psi while we were pulling on the dyno on the 1st few pulls..
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tony1
Yeah, the BB turbo doesn't require much oil at all, so if it was an oil issue, it would not show itself with the Garrett like it did with the journal bearing BW. For what it's worth, i run my turbo with a -4 feed line from the block and run about 85psi oil pressure.

its not an oiling issue tony trust me.. if it was the 1st turbo would not have lived 20 pulls while the 2nd made it thru only 2 track passes.. ill keep you informed when i find out bullseye's diagnosis.. thanks for the input though, i appreciate any advice i can get from you..

ill pm you with some information as well..
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by USP Motorsports
its not an oiling issue tony trust me.. if it was the 1st turbo would not have lived 20 pulls while the 2nd made it thru only 2 track passes.. ill keep you informed when i find out bullseye's diagnosis.. thanks for the input though, i appreciate any advice i can get from you..

ill pm you with some information as well..
ill be looking forward to hearing what bullseye says about the issues...congrats on all your recent accomplishments though
Old Dec 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tony1
The 4202 is a bigger turbo, it should make 100whp more. The 4202 is capable of 1100whp, i've done it. The 372 is actually only about 70.8mm on the inducer, barely larger than the 4294.

I'm only trying to help, making more power at less boost is better all the way around.

I didn't read it all, but what were the details on the 372 (turbine housing and manifold) and on the 4202? I think i read that you changed the manifold setup with the 4202?

I have seen HUGE differences in power with different manifold/turbine a/r's. The common mistake everyone seems to make is a big compressor and choking the turbine size down too far because they're concerned with spool. Too small of an a/r will kill the VE of the engine and result in very high boost levels for the power being made.

Don't take any of this the wrong way, i'm not attacking you or telling you you're doing it wrong, just sharing what i've found in hopes of making your situation better in the future.
You are right Tony , we've been chassing the backpressure on our CFT/Ilegal Evo8 ... But we haven't had a problem with breaking the Bullseye Power S372!

Hope you get everything resolve soon Mike@USP!!!
The car is sick !!!!

Fernando @ CFT
Old Dec 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks.. ill will keep you guys informed..
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tunedbycft
You are right Tony , we've been chassing the backpressure on our CFT/Ilegal Evo8 ... But we haven't had a problem with breaking the Bullseye Power S372!

Hope you get everything resolve soon Mike@USP!!!
The car is sick !!!!

Fernando @ CFT

Thanks Fernando.. I look forward to seeing the all new ilegalevo..
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

I noticed somethin in the video that I was wondering about....the one where you busted loose on the dyno, I noticed that you oil temp guage was stuck on the peg...so im assuming either it wasn't hooked up or ....you get the idea....

keep plugging away it is gonna be a monster!!!
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

dam dat looks good.....
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by skywestseth
I noticed somethin in the video that I was wondering about....the one where you busted loose on the dyno, I noticed that you oil temp guage was stuck on the peg...so im assuming either it wasn't hooked up or ....you get the idea....

keep plugging away it is gonna be a monster!!!
yeah oil temp isnt connected.. oil pressure is tho which was more important..