Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stay AWAY from Greddy turbo kits.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay AWAY from Greddy turbo kits.

The thread title says it all. For 2-1/2 years I had the Greedy (typo, but I'm leaving it) kit on my car and have not had any problems with it. Then, about a month ago, the manifold cracked 360 degrees at the weld that connects the turbo to the manifold. Alright, I call Greddy up and let them know of the issue. Since it's more than two years old they stated it would not be covered unde warranty, but would sell me a new manifold at a steep discount. Fair, I say, although SOME manufacturers offer lifetime warranties on their manifolds, but I digress. The new one gets installed, and everything is fine for two weeks. Until today, when the damn manifold cracks in the EXACT same spot as the old one! Now, maybe I expect more from a Japanese manufacturer, but this is completely unacceptable. To make matters worse, I do not have the funds to be out of a car now. I contacted Greddy again to let them know about the matter and hopefully they will cover this manifold under warranty. I'll be fair, their product stinks, but their customer service is top notch (which might have to be to cover the fact that their product stinks).

After I get the new manifold, I'm taking the entire kit off my car and going back to my stock setup until I get enough money to get different kit entirely.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Which kit is this? Tubular manifold right? Tubular manifolds are bound to crack at anytime, everytime. Its for sure, theres no stopping it. And as for where it crack I'm having a hard time trying to picture it. Weld that connects the turbo to the manifold? There should be a weld there...pics would help.

PS. Greddy has been very hard to work with lately. My company just decided to stop selling greddy products other than shift knobs and oil caps. Their service has gone down in the past 6 months cause alot of people at Greddy left apprently.

James
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Ouch, that sux. Greddy mani's have been known to crack
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

thats a bunch of b/s. thats a serious crack. is that the 25g or the t67 kit you have?? invest in an ams or buschur kit. i know ams has lifetime warranty and im sure buschur does too but im not sure. buschur has better deals on their turbo kits though and include EVERYTHING needed to install including slimline fan
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Now that would have me going ape-****... As high priced as their products are, that is un-acceptable by any standard....

Hope you get it worked out...

Cheers-
Erich
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a guess but maybe something else is causing your trouble. Have you inspected your motor mounts, exhaust hangers, flex sections etc, turbo.. Something is causing the manifold to break.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:00 PM

The mani looks cheap im surprised i thought the metal would be thicker.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah I dealt with greedy over some gauges about 6 years ago and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I wouldn't put anything with their name on it on my car.

****ty crack, best of luck to you with finding a speedy solution.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Just a guess but maybe something else is causing your trouble. Have you inspected your motor mounts, exhaust hangers, flex sections etc, turbo.. Something is causing the manifold to break.

I AGREE!!!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Damn dude. Sorry to hear this, but thats why I never bought a greddy anything, besides my shift knob.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:05 PM

What I have seen their 304 manifolds look almost like its a lesser 304 stainless, like a 303 or maybe a 409 grade. Makes you wonder....
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

you literally blew the welds off the manifold, sux bro.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by James@DSR
Tubular manifolds are bound to crack at anytime, everytime. Its for sure, theres no stopping it.
James

sorry but that's horse **** unless you're speaking specifically about Greddy and even then that's news to me. There are some brands that don't "fail anytime, everytime for sure"

Last edited by Mellon Racing; Nov 29, 2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

wow! looked like it was hit with a sledge hammer

Quick Reply: Stay AWAY from Greddy turbo kits.