Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Weird noise after Forge BOV?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2003, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a Polished Red Forge BOV. It came with several extra springs. Haven't installed yet. Not sure if they are now shipping extra springs to allow you to adjust/tune.
Old Oct 4, 2003, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

the best result i've had so far is having the valve with the little vacuum barb facing straight up and using the yellow spring..

it holds the boost extremely well and the response is also better than when i had it the other way..

i'm at about 21psi peak boost most of the time and i only drop now to 19psi at redline!
Old Sep 28, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Wanted to restart this thread since it dief out, but does anyone else know the fix to this problem....i have the FORG BOV RECIRC too, and I have the yellow spring and it does flutter.....I thought this was normal but I guess not.....I will try the Green, and see if this helps.....if anyone else has ideas please let me know...
Old Sep 28, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mr0072003
Wanted to restart this thread since it dief out, but does anyone else know the fix to this problem....i have the FORG BOV RECIRC too, and I have the yellow spring and it does flutter.....I thought this was normal but I guess not.....I will try the Green, and see if this helps.....if anyone else has ideas please let me know...
had a forge DV on my last car (Maxed out 1.8t running 25+ psi) & it worked great until i updated the piston inside the valve.

so i tried all the spring combos to no avail until i stumbled onto a solution that worked for me (clear, single pop/whoosh)

what i used was the stock blue spring with 1 or 2 1/8' steel washer used as a shim/counterweight..... i tried using Alum washers on a friends car & we couldnt get it to work until we went to a steel washer, my theory was that Forges new Aluminum piston was too light

FORGE used to use a heavier composite plastic material for the piston, but switched to aluminum as the diffrences in the expansion rates of the aluminum valve to the plastic based piston would cause sticking under high heat applications like the Audi S4
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

man I love this forum...there is just so much help out here........anywayz, SO the stock washers = no good, and steal washers same same size=good?????????