Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Who's manifold is this T3/t4

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Aliengotpsi
You guys that buy this manifold are retards!!! IT WILL CRACK and you will get it re-welded and it will crack again and again.. While your at it why dont you buy a KNock/off Ebay wastegate, bov, fmic,turbo

I would say that a Top Mount takes about 10-13 man hours to build am I close geoff?
I dont think this thread has anything to do with me wanting to buy a Ebay Knock off turbo, wastegate , or bov

This is about a peice of metal that routes air, if its junk then its junk, no big deal, was only 130 bucks......... i laugh at that.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

well i got my cheap "POS" ebay manifold and down pipe that everyone says, and supprisingly the welds in the collector arent bad at all, geuss i just got luck on that part ;/, but the welds on the wastegate flange could be alot better.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aliengotpsi
You guys that buy this manifold are retards!!! IT WILL CRACK and you will get it re-welded and it will crack again and again.. While your at it why dont you buy a KNock/off Ebay wastegate, bov, fmic,turbo

I would say that a Top Mount takes about 10-13 man hours to build am I close geoff?

Robots build Full-Race's manifolds

Scorke
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

besides all my other parts for this pieced together kit is coming from ETS I'll post some pix of this manifold im about to slaughter in my shop later on tonight.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by kaonashi
besides all my other parts for this pieced together kit is coming from ETS I'll post some pix of this manifold im about to slaughter in my shop later on tonight.
Yeah deff get those pics up I wanna see it.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dragers
Geoff, yes its true the collector looks terrible, if Im not able to fix it I will not use it.
The dragster has RAS , springs, and tit retainers, also z32 maf and jim wolf ecu with big injectors, so is only stock pistons , rods, and head, also has an ebay intake manifold. Im building a second car with better parts on the motor and a bigger turbo.

Also , to the guy that says his friend welded the manifold I can say yours is a fake too, is exactly as mine, even the straingt tubes have a different color as if they were sanded and the outside welds have the same defects. Maybe your friend took off the emblem and did a little finishing but is a fake. If you paid more than $200 for those headers , you were scammed,
a picture of my ebay headers beside your picture will show you.

are you really serious ? look at your welds compared to mine.... mine look nothing like yours. Pipe color really is not important as if i took a pic now, it looks nothing like after even running for 20 minutes. But i can guarantee you, my welds dont look anything like yours... they are damn near as clean as the full race mani.

at least if you are going to compare a mani to yours, and want to compare looks, make it reasonably close. If i wanted to take the *** pain of a time to take my setup off to show you my collector, you'd notice an even bigger difference as my pieces all come together in a very clean and defined point.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:56 AM

this turbo kit looks nice for the evo8
http://www.xs-power.com/turbos/turbo005.html
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by germ0evo8
this turbo kit looks nice for the evo8
http://www.xs-power.com/turbos/turbo005.html
that turbo is for the evo 3 , I think it doesnt fit the 8 , turbo rotates different
Old Apr 14, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SO how many really run this manifold? How long have you guys had this manifold on?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

The problem with the manifold is that first off the didnt purge the inside of the collector,which if they didnt purge the collector,im pretty sure they didnt purge the runners either..So all the sugaring the you can see in the collectors is most deffiantely in the runners also..Which can come off and end up in your expensive turbo,cause crappy flow due to the obstructions,cracking,etc..A manifold that is purged and welded correctly,while more expensive upfront..Will end up up paying for itself later if it destroys your turbo,or worse your engine..Me being a welder can see people buying knock-off intakes,exhausts,etc..But do your self a favor..Dont buy cheap stuff thats important..Like internals,wastegates,manifolds,throttlebodies..You are only screwing yourself..Just some food for thought..Justin
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:14 AM

thats looks like an ebay manifold