Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Unreal Dyno Results...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007 | 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

dude your a lancer lol
Old Dec 8, 2007 | 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by bhamEVOguy
It could be ur clutch. Do u smell the clutch burning at all? when my clutch was going bad, it wouldn't pull as hard. to see if its ur clutch, floor it in 5th gear around 3k rpm and see if the rpm's jump at all
it jumps slowly. at wat mileage does the stock clutch usually wear out at? i only hav 7900 miles... btw, isnt jestr one of the ams tuners? or izit jensen? yea i'll take it to the dealer wen i get the chance n c if they can do sum diagnostics n put bak the stock map. they do hav stock evo maps rite?
Old Dec 8, 2007 | 01:56 PM

wow are you totaly new to evos? 420... i love green too but fix the problem before tokin and not being able to think clearly lol.

If your hitting full boost most likely its not a leak or turbo issue. Is your boost fluctuating? or is it inconsistant, whats your timing at? there is no "set mileage" for the clutch to wear out, if you suck at driving or see the track a lot or love launching either tcase or clutch is gonna wear out.

did you install the mods? i mean we need more info... more history
Old Dec 8, 2007 | 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by lurkerpika
wow are you totaly new to evos? 420... i love green too but fix the problem before tokin and not being able to think clearly lol.

If your hitting full boost most likely its not a leak or turbo issue. Is your boost fluctuating? or is it inconsistant, whats your timing at? there is no "set mileage" for the clutch to wear out, if you suck at driving or see the track a lot or love launching either tcase or clutch is gonna wear out.

did you install the mods? i mean we need more info... more history
naw it doesn't fluctuate. i've done sum 6k launches b4, but not much. all these mods hav been installed within a year and 3 months, didn't buy everything at once and install em at the same time. well i'm new to the technical problem diagnosting stuff n thats about it. some ppl say i should datalog it and check if it's knocking real bad and check the a/f sensor or flash my ecu back to stock n c how it runs, maybe the timing is off or somethin. i think ill just take it to the dealer n hav them datalog it since my evo buddies r busy now days.... before my car was running cherry, even w/all the mods. n all of a sudden the problem jus came up
Old Dec 8, 2007 | 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rEvolution420
naw it doesn't fluctuate. i've done sum 6k launches b4, but not much. all these mods hav been installed within a year and 3 months, didn't buy everything at once and install em at the same time. well i'm new to the technical problem diagnosting stuff n thats about it. some ppl say i should datalog it and check if it's knocking real bad and check the a/f sensor or flash my ecu back to stock n c how it runs, maybe the timing is off or somethin. i think ill just take it to the dealer n hav them datalog it since my evo buddies r busy now days.... before my car was running cherry, even w/all the mods. n all of a sudden the problem jus came up
Yea good luck taking it to the dealer. Let them slap the no warranty on your car. Can be many problems. Boost solenoid sounds possible. So can knock. I would log it first. Tuners can tell all that by looking at a log. Only way we can help is if you do that.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 02:23 PM

welp, i called mitsu dealer today n asked if they do datalogging n they said only for stock cars, not modified ones >.< sh*t i'm stuck now n i gotta c if any local evo owners where i live- oahu hawaii kno how to datalog n find problems. but the boost solenoid not actuating the boost properly or knocking bad sounds real possible.... cant be the ecu flash cuz wen it was flashed i felt more hp gain and the problem didnt occur til later.. i'm sure there's expert tuners here, but most of u r in the mainland :-/
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

dude sell your car, I am not the person to be a dick on here, but DAyHAM MANG. you dont want the dealership to datalog jack ****. Jestr is his own self he tunes cars for himself not ams. What gauges do you have in your car? and if your clutch is slipping thats going to cause some issues there too. Should have bought a MBC instead of that electric junk
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 02:36 PM
Account Disabled

rEvolution420 check out www.mellontuning.com I have a list of equipment you need to log the car and I can help you interpret the logs. I even have a video tutorial.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mellon
rEvolution420 check out www.mellontuning.com I have a list of equipment you need to log the car and I can help you interpret the logs. I even have a video tutorial.
k. 1 of the local evo guys are gonna log it for me. i dun hav a tatrix cable nor a laptop lol. he still has my stock and flashed map. i can tell him to send it to u through e-mail if u want so u can scope it out..
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 02:58 PM

you should get a boost leak test. Then check if you wired your EBC correctly. I heard a lot of really bad things about dynoflash so I would recommend you get flash back to stock then getting a custom flash from someone else
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by kaonashi
dude sell your car, I am not the person to be a dick on here, but DAyHAM MANG. you dont want the dealership to datalog jack ****. Jestr is his own self he tunes cars for himself not ams. What gauges do you have in your car? and if your clutch is slipping thats going to cause some issues there too. Should have bought a MBC instead of that electric junk
i hav the defi blue racer oil temp oil pressure n boost gauges. i always thought the electrical ones put out accurate numbers and is easiest to use. sum ppl recommend i get a afc like the apexi s-afc 1, also a uego wideband sensor. my apexi turbo timer can show the a/f ratio too, but i need the part that will actuate it..
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 03:22 PM
Account Disabled

when at wot do you feel like the car is going to die? does it sputter and spit out of the exhaust. When at WOT does it jerk?
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by EvoInvidia
when at wot do you feel like the car is going to die? does it sputter and spit out of the exhaust. When at WOT does it jerk?
yea it sputters and lags above 2.5k rpm. the mph n rpm meter goes up slowly.. it's suppose to have the smooth tone when you gas over 4k rpm and it should pull, but mine doesnt.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

well he went and got it dynoed so if the guys who dynoed it knew anything about cars they wouldve smelt the clutch burning.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 04:00 PM

make sure your cat isn't clogged. lol I had a similar problem, and wat happened was my cat blew up into pieces and clogged the exhaust up. I ended up gutting it.