Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FULL RACE TWIN SCROLL 30R results and data

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nightwalker
Honestly, for the amount of money, I'm not impressed with this TS GT30 kit. A well setup green will make close to that for tons less money.
riiiiight.

and let me guess, you've driven a TS GT30 car and a Green car both with similar mods back to back right?

yeah, didn't think so. so your comparison comes from where?
Old Dec 25, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
we're working on it! i have a bunch of SR20 graphs showing this (since our time attack and drift cars are both sr20 most of our data is SR), but i think it would only get people more riled up since its not 4G63.. ill wait until evo dan's twinscroll .78 vs twinscroll 1.06 vs single scroll .82 results are ready
Eh? A motor is a motor and if the other people don't get that, then they're morons! Just looking at differences betweeen single and twin on the same base setup. Hell, could be a LS1 for all I care Post up!
Old Dec 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

I love the setup! Just love it... I know I'm late, but I just wanted to say Kudos
Old Dec 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

wow im impressed nice results
Old Dec 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Great stuff Dan, Dans car is an absolute beast now cant wait to see the 35r results soon.

We'll have to get together for some track days in the spring
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrown
riiiiight.

and let me guess, you've driven a TS GT30 car and a Green car both with similar mods back to back right?

yeah, didn't think so. so your comparison comes from where?
Ummm... yeah, I've driven the green. and the TS GT30 is so new not too many people are going to have the chance to drive it.

but you know what, if your "great driveability" and not so great power justify the 7k for you, by all means do so.

There are people out there who will spend their 7k more wisely.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spdracerut
Eh? A motor is a motor and if the other people don't get that, then they're morons! Just looking at differences betweeen single and twin on the same base setup. Hell, could be a LS1 for all I care Post up!
motor being a motor is a overly generalized statement.

thats like saying all 2 liter turbo motors are created equal.

cb
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zeus
On the same dyno, on the same day? Interesting...
not on the same day. But if it's tune right doesn't matter what day the whp shouldn't be more than 5-10% off. but i can't give too **** what people do with their money.

Last edited by vboy425; Dec 25, 2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
motor being a motor is a overly generalized statement.

thats like saying all 2 liter turbo motors are created equal.

cb
I would generally agree with you. However, in this case, we're not comparing the performance of the base motors, but how the performance of the base motor changes due to the difference of an external system (turbo setup in this case).

As long as the motors are fairly conventional, it should all react pretty much the same. If you start talking something weird like a 5-cylinder 990cc Honda motoGP motor with funky firing order and timing, then that'd be a different situation.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spdracerut
I would generally agree with you. However, in this case, we're not comparing the performance of the base motors, but how the performance of the base motor changes due to the difference of an external system (turbo setup in this case).

As long as the motors are fairly conventional, it should all react pretty much the same. If you start talking something weird like a 5-cylinder 990cc Honda motoGP motor with funky firing order and timing, then that'd be a different situation.
ill go with you for the "most" part on this.

but take a subaru motor for example... ? 2 liter turbo wrx, horrible exhaust design, poor cylinder heads... they respond nothing like a 2.0 liter evo motor...

if you are calling a boxer engine unconventional, then ok, i agree

cb
Old Dec 26, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by nightwalker
Ummm... yeah, I've driven the green. and the TS GT30 is so new not too many people are going to have the chance to drive it.
but you know what, if your "great driveability" and not so great power justify the 7k for you, by all means do so.
There are people out there who will spend their 7k more wisely.
You seem to have completely missed the point. I think even Geoff would agree that if you are happy with the power of the Green and will be content with that power, it is the best option. The problem is if you want more power than the Green. You have more if you go with the TS30 or you can go bigger by simply changing out the turbo. That is the benefit of any turbo kit, upgradability.

The real test for this kit is how it compares to other kits and not really how it compares to the Green. How does the TS3076 compare to an AMS 3076 kit? How will the 35s compare? These are the true comparisons.

The question about Green v. every other turbo needs to be answered before you even consider a kit. Again, why waist your money on any kit if the Green meets all your needs.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
The difference is the TS 30R drives much like a Green, but can deliver another 50whp. With a hotside swap, it will still drive better than a typical larger turbo car, and can give 100+whp more than a Green.

The price of admission isn't cheap, but it delivers as close to having one's cake and eating it too as can be had. Like many such things, it isn't for everyone, but those who have gone this route aren't expressing regrets.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats evodan! That is a beautiful turbo kit with an awesome powerband. If I ever go bigger than the EvoGreen it'll definitely be a twin scroll setup.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
You seem to have completely missed the point. I think even Geoff would agree that if you are happy with the power of the Green and will be content with that power, it is the best option. The problem is if you want more power than the Green. You have more if you go with the TS30 or you can go bigger by simply changing out the turbo. That is the benefit of any turbo kit, upgradability.

The real test for this kit is how it compares to other kits and not really how it compares to the Green. How does the TS3076 compare to an AMS 3076 kit? How will the 35s compare? These are the true comparisons.

The question about Green v. every other turbo needs to be answered before you even consider a kit. Again, why waist your money on any kit if the Green meets all your needs.
Well put Robert... I don't understand why more people can't grasp this. I can see on the surface why people "might" want to compare the smaller TS setups to a Green when trying to decide what path is best for them, or even better, more affordable for them (shopping). However, that is where it should stop DEAD!

This is about the TS setups and how they perform on Dan's car, so people can see the results HE got on HIS setup... people are losing sight of that.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Well put Robert... I don't understand why more people can't grasp this... This is about the TS setups and how they perform on Dan's car, so people can see the results HE got on HIS setup... people are losing sight of that.
Well, no... not really. I understand just fine and I for one feel that the issue is about going apples to apples. I would also say that while I am very very thankful for the input Dan, Geoff and others have made by doing this work, I care a lot more about my car than his. In short I only care about his set up in so far as I may be able to learn how to better get what I want out of MY car.

I would also say that as a person who wants street performance and track day goodness, the comparison of the Green to everything else is very valid. Why do you all think that so many folks compare the Green to other turbos anyway? Its the spool damnit! Waiting for boost is like standing in line at the candy store... even if it's only a short wait it feels like forever!

For this reason I really like what I see from the TS turbos. I also like the idea of great part throttle response and big HP on pump gas as these are things that I want in MY car.

As for the cost of this vs other kits, of course that should be an issue. None of us have unlimited cash (not many anyway) and we all have to make hard choices about where we put our dollars. Does it make more sense to put X in your motor and Y in the suspension or vice versa? Money invested in one area of the car means other things left undone or to a lesser standard and for that reason even good deals on larger packages such as this mean that other things may need to take a back seat for a time.

These are not value judgments against an obviously superior product from a company and guy I know from my time playing with 240s, just statements in regards to what I feel are assumptions made about those who have commented with questions, ponderings or thoughts on the issue that others may not understand or find value in.

With that said... thank you again to Full Race for helping push the state of the art as thinking outside the box and bringing lessons learned from other cars can make for great strides.

Quick Reply: FULL RACE TWIN SCROLL 30R results and data