Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed: RMR catback exhaust + DP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2003 | 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Installed: RMR catback exhaust + DP

I just got my RMR catback, DP and lower tie bar installed today at their shop. The exhaust is pretty loud but nothing like Civic's fart cans At idle, it makes a deep rumble noise then turns slightly higher pitch at WOT. Power gain can be felt once the turbo spools (and it spools a lot quicker now). The boost went up to almost 1.4 BAR compare to low 1.3s stock. I also noticed a better pull after 5000 rpm.
Overall, a very good setup for my first power mod.
Old Jul 18, 2003 | 10:09 PM

How long did you have to wait for your exhaust system? I talked to Eric and he said they are on back order for the systems right now. I live less than 10 miles from RMR and I can't wait to pick one up.
Old Jul 18, 2003 | 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ogdelsol
How long did you have to wait for your exhaust system? I talked to Eric and he said they are on back order for the systems right now. I live less than 10 miles from RMR and I can't wait to pick one up.
Go by and get one - takes about an hour for intallation. They were fabricating a ton of them today....

Mark - did you hear the intake noise as I blew by? I hope I didn't scare anyone...
Old Jul 19, 2003 | 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB

Go by and get one - takes about an hour for intallation. They were fabricating a ton of them today....

Mark - did you hear the intake noise as I blew by? I hope I didn't scare anyone...
I heard it. Very nice
Old Jul 19, 2003 | 12:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

A friend and I just installed my RMR catback last friday and I love it, have to admit at time i do miss the stealth of the factory system but at other times it's cool to be able to let my presence be known. but hell, how are you going to get much quieter than a catback with two resonators in it? I'm currently running stock dp and cat, will be keeping the cat but just can't wait until I have enough cash for the dp and crossmember. To be honest though it's taken a bit of getting used to with the sudden free flowing burst of power I now get when merging onto the freeway
Old Jul 20, 2003 | 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Great to hear some positive feed-back about any evo products. I started to think that almost everyone is unhappy with the mods that are currently avaliable for the evo. My question is, were any modifications required? and do you happen to know if the RMR cat-delete pipe causes a CEL? Again, great to hear that someone on this forum is happy with their mods.