Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ignition gurus, will these work?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ignition gurus, will these work?

http://www.pulstarplug.com/howtheywork.html

Will these work better over stock or aftermarket plugs or is it all hype
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Saw these too, I guess somebody would have to try them to see how much better they are than conventional plugs - if at all.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know if that works, but they are $24.95 each and all that lab info sure sounds really well done and tested, if someone gives this a shot please post results.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinian
Saw these too, I guess somebody would have to try them to see how much better they are than conventional plugs - if at all.
If race team's don't use them they don't work.

Scorke
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Here is some other stuff they offer:

https://www.pulstarplug.com/applicat...cfm#DirectHits

Thing only thing that turns me off about purchasing these and trying them is that they have the same plug referenced for the VIII and IX. I believe the IX plugs are shorter, so maybe the Direct Hits packs are an option? Of course this isn't the first time I've seen this happen on a website that sells sparkplugs for our cars.

Originally Posted by scorke
If race team's don't use them they don't work.

Scorke

You might be right, or it might be the fact that they aren't heavily advertised. I've never heard of them until I was searching around on another site. Either way, I'd still be interested in trying them, but I'd like to actually get them tested somehow.

Last edited by evilempire76; Dec 15, 2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

what better way to test them then run them in your car do it and let us know
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pegasus
You might be right, or it might be the fact that they aren't heavily advertised. I've never heard of them until I was searching around on another site. Either way, I'd still be interested in trying them, but I'd like to actually get them tested somehow.

You might be right, I just haven't passed on reccomendations of bad products to lots of people

Honestly, of all the gizmos and gadgets, electric powered super chargers, gasoline additives that ad 5mpg, tornado fan blades to insert in your intake piping, you really think that these thing work as promised and you have never seen them for sale/advertised/in use.... I think there a sham, I would loved to be proven wrong!

Scorke
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

hey scorke back off the tornado. that tornado thing gave my evo 5% more hp and 1-2mpg

on another note, i have some magic beans that im looking to unload on the cheap. pm me
Old Dec 15, 2007, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
hey scorke back off the tornado. that tornado thing gave my evo 5% more hp and 1-2mpg

on another note, i have some magic beans that im looking to unload on the cheap. pm me
Are they JDM? You can tell because when you eat them you always fart to the right.

If they happen to be in the burnt Ti with carbon finish I'm down for 3 sets.

Scorke
Old Dec 15, 2007, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

mad jdm. so jdm that they will only grow facing the land of the rising sun. come in a ti box with handlaid carbon plaque signed by several japaneese farmers for authenticy purposes.

on topic- try these plugs out and see if they will warrantee your car when it explodes (sorry its been a long day)
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
mad jdm. so jdm that they will only grow facing the land of the rising sun. come in a ti box with handlaid carbon plaque signed by several japaneese farmers for authenticy purposes.

on topic- try these plugs out and see if they will warrantee your car when it explodes (sorry its been a long day)
Haha watch them go in then as soon as the first spark plug (not spark, whatever its called) ignited it will fuse the electrode to the piston in one huge arc of glory.

That would be comical.

Scorke
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Haha watch them go in then as soon as the first spark plug (not spark, whatever its called) ignited it will fuse the electrode to the piston in one huge arc of glory.

That would be comical.

Scorke
That would be some funny ish, but I think I'm gonna take your advice and pass on the pulse spark plugs or whatever they are.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pegasus
That would be some funny ish, but I think I'm gonna take your advice and pass on the pulse spark plugs or whatever they are.

Don't worry there will be some post on the front page down the road

Installed Pulsestar Plugs: Car wont start-Help!!!

Scorke
Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:35 PM

Bought these plugs havent installed yet...couple of days...Im thinkin they will work..the science is there...Ive been researching about ignitions, and from what i can gather..its all about efficiency...and the only difference between plugs and what they offer is exactly that...lower detonation, lower knock through better spark and higher rates of spark...these plugs "supposedly" generate a larger arc through plasma..electric and fuel bonding....I also looked at the HKS ignition amp...which basically does the same thing...except that the timing is tuned alot better to your stroke...generating more spark so that it can't miss at any RPM...I dont do alot of racing...so im thinking these will do the job for a quarter of the price..we'll see...
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

My buddy just ordered these for his evo IX, we will see how they do after tuning and what not..

Quick Reply: ignition gurus, will these work?