Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TiAL Recirculating BOV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
EVOlutionary, you need to try the Dejon Tool leak stop kit. Holy Grail for RR/autox IMO.
I've read about it but not found any great results on here @ +30psi. If you have experience with it please PM me.

Originally Posted by TiALSport
it would depend on the spring you have, the lighter the spring, the more sensative it's going to be, the stronger the spring, the less sensitive it's going to be...all the road racers i know go with the lightest possible for the quickest reaction.
This -3psi spring sound very interesting. I know it will probably be pulled open @ idle, but because it is a recirc valve that is OK. Due to the design of your valve it should still hold 30+psi with that light of a spring, right?

That is a dyno graph comparing the stock IX BOV to another brand VTA unit. As you can see the stocker was leaking over about 25psi. As the boost tapered off in the higher RPM the stocker stopped leaking and the power caught up with the other unit. . .

I would like to talk with you about the possibility of getting a unit to test. I would run a dyno test against the stock unit, using both the -7psi and -3psi spring to show that it holds boost than the stocker. Then I would perform a real-world driveability test on the street as well as in an autocross and a road course environment. PM me if we can work out details for a test. This is the car it would be going on:

Thanks!!
Old May 15, 2009, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please excuse me if I've missed it in the pages of this thread, or haven't seen it in another thread..... but I still haven't seen a nice clean picture of this installed on an evo! Also, a list of associated adaptors/accessories needed for the install on an evo would be helpful also. I've sent TiaL an email and will post up the response if I don't get the answers here.
Old May 15, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That is my latest BOV test. Note NONE of these are the Tial valve. This is just for reference to show what gains can be made with a valve that doesn't leak boost. The lowest line is stock IX valve, the middle line is another competitor valve, and the top line is a Forge valve with a stiff spring. NOTHING else was touched on the car other than swapping one BOV for another. . .

It would be nice to get a Tial Alpha Q on my car to test it with both the -3 and -7psi spring to see how it compares to the performance of the Forge. . .

EVOlutionary
Old May 15, 2009, 05:10 PM

+1 I would love to see this comparison. Hell.... I'd like to hear ANY first hand results and pics in general with this product on an evo!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
we need some pics of the install and some video clips of how it sounds (or doest sound)
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I would love to see someone even attempt at getting this thing installed. Not only is it HUGE, but the recirc outlet looks to be almost 2 inches? I am willing to bet why no installed pictures are circulating is because of the difficulties in the install. If it does all that it is said to do and can be fit into an Evo's engine bay, I will be in line for one as well.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by EVODreams
I would love to see someone even attempt at getting this thing installed. Not only is it HUGE, but the recirc outlet looks to be almost 2 inches? I am willing to bet why no installed pictures are circulating is because of the difficulties in the install. If it does all that it is said to do and can be fit into an Evo's engine bay, I will be in line for one as well.
...ok.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7678641-post67.html

I have nothing to do with the pic or the car, just reposting the pic from the ams thread that i linked.