Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

downpipe question...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
downpipe question...

Hey, i just got an 06 mr, and want to get an hks carnon-ti exhaust. can i get the hks downpipe with that also? eventhough it is 2.75 inches? im still new with all this stuff, and am not completely sure.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks alot
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
You can get it, it will fit. Never hurts to go 3" from the turbo back though.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I have the same exhaust and the same DP that you are looking at they work fine together with and Invida TP. If I was you I would go with a 3" Dp though thats what I am going to be changing to soon.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

The HKS DP is strictly cosmetic and is the exact same size as the stock DP thats why I say go with a 3" DP to open it up a little more.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The HKS Carbon Ti does not fit a IX MR properly, it's highly likely it doesnt fit a IX either. The resonator in the cat back section will rub against the drive shaft carrier bearing. You can hammer the resonator so it wont rub or your can just buy a better fitting exhasut for less money. I can't believe that they sell these POS's for the money..

Even worse I cant believe that so many people give this junk exhaust a good review. Want a good JDM exhaust, get the Tanabe Concept G Blue, it's cheaper, flows better, and fits perfect. Everyone else, PLEASE quit recommending this poorly designed exhaust for IX owners.

Search HKS and RUB

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=HKS+rub

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&highlight=HKS

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Dec 27, 2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
The HKS Carbon Ti does not fit a IX MR properly, it's highly likely it doesnt fit a IX either. The resonator in the cat back section will rub against the drive shaft carrier bearing. You can hammer the resonator so it wont rub or your can just buy a better fitting exhasut for less money. I can't believe that they sell these POS's for the money..

Even worse I cant believe that so many people give this junk exhaust a good review. Want a good JDM exhaust, get the Tanabe Concept G Blue, it's cheaper, flows better, and fits perfect. Everyone else, PLEASE quit recommending this poorly designed exhaust for IX owners.
First off there is nothing wrong with the fit of the exhaust as long as it is bolted up straight to begin with. However if something comes loose and or the exhaust shifts then yes it can hit the drive shaft. This happened to me because of a bolt on the test pipe coming loose so I had to replace the TP gasket and did this as well....\/\/\/\/

There is a extremly cheap and simple solution to this problem which is taking a super thick zip tie, pushing the left rear exhaust bushing to the right a little and putting the zip tie on the exhaust hanger so that the bushing can not slide to the left anymore. this will put the resonator out of the way of the drive shaft for good.

I have had ZERO problem swith this since I got the gasket replaced. The exhaust has good flow, DOES fit well, and sounds great too. IMO AND I AM SAYING IMO ONLY. Every Tanabe exhaust i have heard sounds like complete crap after it breaks in. Snap crackle pop

Last edited by 06MRV8Killer; Dec 27, 2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX

really? becuase my hks carbon ti fits my ix mr just fine.

CR7-Style: i would go with a 3" downpipe. i have an invidia and it fits quite well with a perrin test pipe and my hks carbon ti.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

here is an EVO IX specific exhaust:

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=68&page=1
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

like everyone else said, get a 3" DP but MAKE SURE it is for an '05 or newer evo has the 03-04 DP's are bent different due to the smaller transfer cases...
Old Dec 27, 2007, 03:58 PM

i have the tanabe concept G Blue turbo back system....its the best investment i bought for my evo ix.....great ground and body clearence.....fits really good and you can feel the hp improvement right after u install it......