Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there's confusion here...

Full-Race is an American company that must be calling their IM the Hypertune...

Then you guys overseas have a company called HyperTune. I believe these are 2 VERY different companies and ultimately IMs.

They are not even in the same battleground.

Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

i dont trust any dyno graph from this shop. i know many customers dealing with them but the dyno sheets they produce is over rated.

i dont beleive in changing Mani until a very serious level of power, but i know some guys whom using the same Mani and they are happy.

the problem is when they install the Mani they also modify other things so you dont know if its is the effect of the Mani or the overall.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weap0n
Being Australian I can vouch that this IM is made in Australia. Hypertune is an Australian Fabricating company who specialize in IM and other work. They are well known here from the IM for GTR's and other Nissan cars. They recently began producing parts for EVO's.

I would like to known how this IM it performs too.

I'll keep watching this thread.
thanks for clarifying and confirming my info weap0n!!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
I think there's confusion here...

Full-Race is an American company that must be calling their IM the Hypertune...

Then you guys overseas have a company called HyperTune. I believe these are 2 VERY different companies and ultimately IMs.

They are not even in the same battleground.

maybe its the other way around...
maybe Full-race is buying the manifolds from hypertune and selling them under Full-race Hypertune name in the states..i dont know really
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dxbevo9
maybe its the other way around...
maybe Full-race is buying the manifolds from hypertune and selling them under Full-race Hypertune name in the states..i dont know really
I doubt that very much... I know for a fact Full-Race does not re-badge their good name on other's parts. They make ALL of their products in house with the exception of turbos.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

I doubt that very much... I know for a fact Full-Race does not re-badge their good name on other's parts. They make ALL of their products in house with the exception of turbos.
possible...

anyhow we'll find out sooner or later

have a good day!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Then you would be wrong. Full-Race Imports the HyperTune Intake Manifold from Australia. Plain and Simple. HyperTune is an Australian company as previously stated. These Intake Manifolds are one and the same. They are manufactured in Australia.

dxbevo9: In all of my research I've never come across anything about these manifolds busting welds, leaking and, what not. Please provide references when you post such things. Let's keep the hearsay to a minimum.

Hopefully this mod will provide a substantial increase. That's what testing is for. If not, I've got a sweet-A$$ paper weight!

Last edited by Faust; Jan 9, 2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Faust
Then you would be wrong. Full-Race Imports the HyperTune Intake Manifold from Australia. Plain and Simple. HyperTune is an Australian company as previously stated. These Intake Manifolds are one and the same. They are manufactured in Australia.

dxbevo9: In all of my research I've never come across anything about these manifolds busting welds, leaking and, what not. Please provide references when you post such things. Let's keep the hearsay to a minimum.

Hopefully this mod will provide a substantial increase. That's what testing is for. If not, I've got a sweet-A$$ paper weight!
i do not have proof..sorry...
i also do not have any reason to give negative feedback..i have not used this manifold...nor have i installed it on any car..however i have seen it being used..and it is my opinion to decide if i like it or not..and point is I DO NOT...the only reason being is that i have seen it fail..

lets not turn this into a "what i like is better than what you like ..." thread...please continue with your testing and benefit the public..be the results positive or negative..

good luck...and your effort to do the testing is appreciated

Moosa
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:55 AM
MR
Evolving Member

so it is a smaller version of JUN replica...hehehe...

Originally Posted by NewCalEvo
the JUN one is much much bigger.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

it looks exactly like junes...however i dont know the size difference..i have never seen the jun IM except in pictures..
Old Jan 9, 2008, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dxbevo9
it looks exactly like junes...however i dont know the size difference..i have never seen the jun IM except in pictures..

i never even seen it in pictures. HAHHA UR LUCKY
Old Jan 9, 2008, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Faust
Yeah, We're going to install all of that and a 2.3 stroker as well as a turbine jet engine too. No we're not going to install all that at once. We are testing the Complete Full Race Intake Manifold set up and then once we get the results adding JUN Cams and then doing the head...Or doing the Head and then adding the JUN Cams.

We are certainly capable of knowing how to test products without skewing the results by adding other parts as well. As a matter of fact Chad will Install the Manifold and test it untuned to show what to expect out of the box. Then if he need's to (he will) He'll tune it and show the results from that as well.

Cool?
That is great. Listen, I did not mean to imply that you did not know how to test parts. It is simple economics. Most of us don't have the money to spend to on all that dyno time to provide good objective data and we are forced to bolt it all up and go for broke. If you have the resources to do this than GREAT! It will provide some really good data. I am thrilled to hear this. Good luck and keep us posted. I was also assuming that you were a customer of Chad, now I notice in your sig that you are in York and the link to CBRD. Do you work there?

Last edited by EvoTech; Jan 9, 2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTech
That is great. Listen, I did not mean to imply that you did not know how to test parts. It is simple economics. Most of us don't have the money to spend to on all that dyno time to provide good objective data and we are forced to bolt it all up and go for broke. If you have the resources to do this than GREAT! It will provide some really good data. I am thrilled to hear this. Good luck and keep us posted. I was also assuming that you were a customer of Chad, now I notice in your sig that you are in York and the link to CBRD. Do you work there?

No, You are correct. I am just a really good customer. Chad is being kind and willing to run the test for all of the forum to see if this particular manifold will provide any gains or not.

Then HE is going to either install the JUN Cams and/or Fully Built Head. WE haven't decide which one will go first or if at the same time. These mods have nothing to do with the Hypertune Manifold Testing, what so ever. Cool.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:25 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tkklemann
The Factory idle speed controller doesn't mount onto the Intake Manifold, it's on the throttle body. Does this intake manifold come with a TB or something?
It seems to mount on the Manifold in this case.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
I have seen that manifold in person, it is designed very well.

That dyno graph looks funky... it looks like a different turbo was put on it
perhaps, tested in two different gears? started at different speeds??

Quick Reply: Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?!