Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Faust
No, You are correct. I am just a really good customer. Chad is being kind and willing to run the test for all of the forum to see if this particular manifold will provide any gains or not.

Then HE is going to either install the JUN Cams and/or Fully Built Head. WE haven't decide which one will go first or if at the same time. These mods have nothing to do with the Hypertune Manifold Testing, what so ever. Cool.
Faust, I always applaud anyone doing good testing. More than likely, the logical test sequence should be head first (since that is not a part readily and normally changed out), tested. Then cams, tested. Then, since you really want to know how the manifold will compare to the original, the manifold would be changed and tested. That way you'll have a head to ported head difference. Then the additional increase that the cams bring to the table. Then finally, the increase of 'all of the previous changes with the stock manifold' vs the new intake manifold. If all goes according to plan, each step should show an increase. Anyway, my opinion and good luck with the testing.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

One final thought, If head and cams are changed at the same time, you might be able to determine approximate gains from head alone by looking at my previous tests doing the exact same things. We changed the stock head for ported head (with HKS in both cases) and re-dyno'd, giving just ported head difference. Then retested with the JUN 272's. Those results may suffice for one step of your tests, or it would be interesting to see if you have the same differences that we saw. Again, good luck.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's my JUN, try to get some pics of a hypertune in an engine bay and compare the size of the stuff. Basicaly my IM is 1mm from the ABS block on the left , and the 90° 3" elbow going out of the TB almost rubs the Brake MC.

Old Jan 9, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

About the Hypertune / Full race debate, where the manifold is manufactured, etc , looks like they just have a trade agreement , wich is cool anyway, both countries get the good stuff !
Taken from High Performance Imports magasine N°78.

This is a phone camera picture sorry !

Last edited by NewCalEvo; Jan 9, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

NewCalEvo, Good looking out. You have a beautiful Inlet Manifold!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

the manifold is actually bubble wrapped , waiting to be fitted back on the engine , with the TB out , if you want some more pictures , just ask. It looks like it's a rare piece, I was just luck to get one myself. got a couple of rare parts it seems
Old Jan 9, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Good luck on the testing, looking forward to what it will do. The only back to back testing I did with a sheetmetal intake showed losses of about 35 ft lbs and HP in the midrange and never made it back up on the top end. This was tested on a stock turbo and GT35r, so I wish you luck.

I contacted Jun about one of theirs but the price was more than I was willing to pay to try it.

There's a few out there that seem promising, I'd like to do some testing too but don't want to get involved in a test now with Paul doing it.

My ported stocker with our 65 mm throttle body has done awfully good so far, 9.65 at 151 mph.

Good luck.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Good luck on the testing, looking forward to what it will do. The only back to back testing I did with a sheetmetal intake showed losses of about 35 ft lbs and HP in the midrange and never made it back up on the top end. This was tested on a stock turbo and GT35r, so I wish you luck.

I contacted Jun about one of theirs but the price was more than I was willing to pay to try it.

There's a few out there that seem promising, I'd like to do some testing too but don't want to get involved in a test now with Paul doing it.

My ported stocker with our 65 mm throttle body has done awfully good so far, 9.65 at 151 mph.

Good luck.

Dave,

I also like ported stockers with ported tbody, thats what we use on our shop car also.

we will get charts with AFR, boost, etc... ill also post logs from the ecu with map sensor readings so we can see how it affects boost.

cb
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

sweet

Last edited by godmiller10; Jan 9, 2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

faust is that your blue evo sitting in cbrd? If it is it looks bad ***
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by godmiller10
faust is that your blue evo sitting in cbrd? If it is it looks bad ***
yes it is his,

its a NICE car...

basically our shop evo IX, it rarely leaves..

cb
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

The Hypertune Manifold is a great looking manifold. I talked to them and basically what you see is what you get though. There are no options for dual fuel rails or added bungs or anything. Those are some crazy improvements though

Anybody notice those tests were done 3 days apart so of course weather could have made a difference but thats a big one!

Chris
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Complete Hypertune Set up will be here on Monday! Boo-Yah! Thanks Full-Race!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Good luck.
and thats why I bought a spare OEM EVO 8 intake mani and T-body and sent it out to you....

cant wait to install it.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 06:52 PM

You can see pics of the plenum installed in a car on their web site.
www.hypertune.net

Quick Reply: Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?!