Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What to do next? full bolt on Evo 9 SE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008 | 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

when some ppl buy cheap O2 housings, it doesn't have provisions to use the factory bracket to help support the weight of the turbo/manifold etc which can lead to manifold cracking (regardless of maker). this was evident on the Apexi rx6 kits. manifold was high quality but still cracked due to the weight below it not supported properly.

i didn't actually say buy a 3" O2, but now that u mention it, Works makes a 76mm O2 (2.99") that flows real good.

as far as brakes went i didn't say overhaul them completely. the calipers are very good but need better rotors/pads/fluid & def need the SS lines bcuz as u know when bringing evos to a halt from high speed u have to mash them & not simply press then add pressure.
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

i would get a meth kit, pretty sweet power gains. as far as blowing a motor i seen more people blow a motor with an agressive race gas tune, and not using proper amount of race gas or forget to switch maps and blow their **** up.
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

It does not look like you have skimped so far so I suggest you go ahead and use your 3K for a FP Green, 780cc injectors, and possibly an Aquamist meth kit and a good 30psi tune.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
when some ppl buy cheap O2 housings, it doesn't have provisions to use the factory bracket to help support the weight of the turbo/manifold etc which can lead to manifold cracking (regardless of maker). this was evident on the Apexi rx6 kits. manifold was high quality but still cracked due to the weight below it not supported properly.

i didn't actually say buy a 3" O2, but now that u mention it, Works makes a 76mm O2 (2.99") that flows real good.

as far as brakes went i didn't say overhaul them completely. the calipers are very good but need better rotors/pads/fluid & def need the SS lines bcuz as u know when bringing evos to a halt from high speed u have to mash them & not simply press then add pressure.
The stock turbo is supported enough by the licp, oil and coolant lines. Also the downpipe brackets where the bracket of the 02 housing has that much affect.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

gt55 turbo i'd go for meth/alky + more psi = more power
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

aquamist hs5 or hs1 -invidia 02 housing- turbo manifold:jic ,full-race, or borla. dont go with megan cuz "they suck *****." sorry if i offend anyone on that statement but they do. then get a good tune.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 02:25 AM
Evolving Member

oh yea i almost forgot. a good clutch if u dont already have one.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
The stock turbo is supported enough by the licp, oil and coolant lines. Also the downpipe brackets where the bracket of the 02 housing has that much affect.
i disagree. the stock licp has brackets holding it up. most aftermarket ones do not.

second, i would not want to depend on oil/coolant lines holding my entire turbo setup considering how much motor movement there is!!! seems silly to me. i've seen stock motors rock in excess of 6" on dynos. what u gonna do when ur oil/coolant lines break???

i say get an O2 (like the Works or Invidia) that has the factory lower bracket stay as an added measure of safety.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
i disagree. the stock licp has brackets holding it up. most aftermarket ones do not.

second, i would not want to depend on oil/coolant lines holding my entire turbo setup considering how much motor movement there is!!! seems silly to me. i've seen stock motors rock in excess of 6" on dynos. what u gonna do when ur oil/coolant lines break???

i say get an O2 (like the Works or Invidia) that has the factory lower bracket stay as an added measure of safety.
Those are not the only thing holding it up as I said before. Aftermarket licp that lack a bracket are much stiffer anyways considering they are thicker and held together with higher quality couplers instead of the stock flimsy hoses. That on top of the exhaust and the manifold holding it up on top of the oil and coolant lines basically leaves no added weight on top of the very small turbo our cars come with. It will not budge. Also the invidia is a 3" 02 housing that shows less of a gain then a 2.5".
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

get rid of that garbage exhaust, and search
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
His exhaust is fine. You need to stop listening to bull****.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
Garbage exhaust???
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

prob meth kit and retune, what do you have to spend?
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

port/coat the stock mani, get a o2 housing and alky/meth or tune it on race gas.
Old Jan 3, 2008 | 06:05 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

So is the OP tuned or no?