Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shep Trans just came in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aor awd
Well finally got everything in. Sorry for such a late update. So far the transmission and TC feels good Very solid and precise shifts. Getting it into second is a bit notchy, but I'm sure that will disappear after break in. Car is def overall quieter, but I still have that annoying whirling decel noise, however that's just how AWD's are period, and I doubt anything would really change that :P I also still have a very annoying rattling sound when free reving at standstill in neutral however, ARGH!! Nothing transmission or transfercase related though. Seems as if it's coming from the driveshaft (Seems like it shakes more then it should when reving and not moving. Going to replace it this weekend, wish me luck guys.

Will update again once I break it in and really rip on it

Off Topic
I also threw on a set of Work Emotions CR Kais 18X9.5 +20, but I rub in the rear when going over a bump. Hopefully a bit of camber will fix that. Will post pics soon in another thread
For all the people with rebuilt t-cases.......

Based on what John Shepherd told me via e-mail the rebuilt t-case break-in method is not to apply too much power (basically stay off boost) to the car for the first 100 or so miles.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

My trans has just lft shep..should be here soon

and my t-case should be on the way to him soon...can't wait!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Well finally got everything in. Sorry for such a late update. So far the transmission and TC feels good Very solid and precise shifts. Getting it into second is a bit notchy, but I'm sure that will disappear after break in. Car is def overall quieter, but I still have that annoying whirling decel noise, however that's just how AWD's are period, and I doubt anything would really change that :P I also still have a very annoying rattling sound when free reving at standstill in neutral however, ARGH!! Nothing transmission or transfercase related though. Seems as if it's coming from the driveshaft (Seems like it shakes more then it should when reving and not moving. Going to replace it this weekend, wish me luck guys.

Off Topic
I also threw on a set of Work Emotions CR Kais 18X9.5 +20, but I rub in the rear when going over a bump. Hopefully a bit of camber will fix that. Will post pics soon in another thread
i believe its your clutch that makes the sounds your talking about.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
i believe its your clutch that makes the sounds your talking about.
Yea I think that too. Probably your throw out bearing. My rattles when in neutral and its annoying.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:30 AM

Everything was replaced with new clutch, flywheel, and TOB.. Checked all exhaust heatshields too
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

I had shep rebuild my tranny about 4 months ago. Tranny feel great! highly recommended!!!!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Off Topic

If I can ask you to post an update

Thanks!