Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EX POWER INC EVO 8 mani/downpipe. Any good?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pure Evil 8 the people who you know who have these manifolds and haven't cracked...are they as bought or modified as you described?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I havent personally bought this item, but the other xs power products I have purchased have been quite good for the price. Expect to have to do some minor modifications to make it work perfectly, but for the savings I think it is worth it. I plan on buying this kit and putting my garrett 50 trim on it within the next month, and will do a review at that point. Also the person that had it crack was running 9s, so you have to expect an increased amount of stress and heat on the manifold at those levels. That's not to say it will or wont crack, but thats more stress than the average buyer will be putting on it I would think.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am yet to see a tubular turbo header that can survive frequent heat cycles of a daily driven vehicle. They all eventually crack…

I only bought my XS header because I am building a rarely driven car (~500 miles per year) and I will likely replace this turbo/manifold with-in a year anyway. So I am not very concerned with cracking, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it does crack.

I haven’t yet ran the car, but what I found appalling was the amount of warping on the flanges! EVERY straight flange on header and 02 housing was warped .02”-.04” and had to sanded down to be straight!

I am surprised that I am not hearing more complaints about this.