Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Recommended Code Reader?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actron pocket scan.Got mine off ebay for like $15.00,comes with a code book.

First Time Diagnostic Tool Buyers will find PocketScan Code Reader is the Right-Sized Tool, at the Right Price

PocketScan Code Reader CP9125 is an easy-to-use tool for novice and light-to-moderate DIY customers. It enables the user to read diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) from the on-board computers of 1996 and newer OBD II compliant vehicles. This gives the user the ability to quickly determine the cause of the "Check Engine" light coming on. Once repairs are made, the PocketScan allows the user to clear the trouble codes and turn off the light. All Actron code readers and scan tools are CAN compliant.

Features

Reads and erases Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and turns off check engine light

Displays MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) status

Displays supported emissions readiness monitor status (I/M Monitors)

Bilingual Manual of DTCs and Definitions (English and Spanish)

Enables user to quickly and easily link to their vehicle

Compact tool, fits in your palm

Includes CD software that contains 3,000+ Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and their descriptions

Attached OBD II 16-pin connector cable provides both data and power connections

1 year warranty

Last edited by ak47po; Jan 6, 2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^gets the job done!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$15 wow bargainus maximus! Did that inc shipping?

To the lady that spent $4k on a code reader. You've got more money than sense luv!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 02:00 AM

you name it my scanner does it you guys think what you want i know what i have and i know what it cost go onto the matco truck and you buy everything that i have for my scanner and you will see i'm sorry you are just cheap idiots that like to buy cheap tools i should assume that you also buy your tools from wal-mart or harbor freight well that on you cause i'm not cheap just buy that i know is goodso if you want to talk **** that's on you just shows you are childish and have nothing better to do than to talk **** on the internet i can also scan any car you put infront of me not just obd-2 so say what you want but i've already made my money back from my scanner
Old Jan 11, 2008, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Actron CP9125 = FTMFW

The Equus 3130 Scan Tool – CanOBD2® ($299) may costs a lot more than the actron but also gets the job done. Besides showing the codes like the actron, it tells u a small description of the code. [no need to look for that booklet on what the code(s) mean.] It even lets u know if u will pass emissions or not before going to the smog station. All for less than that $4,000 code reader that u have. (With about $3700 left to spare for mods and tune)
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:40 AM

Is this $4000.00 "scanner" for personal or professional use?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ak47po
Actron pocket scan.Got mine off ebay for like $15.00,comes with a code book.

First Time Diagnostic Tool Buyers will find PocketScan Code Reader is the Right-Sized Tool, at the Right Price

PocketScan Code Reader CP9125 is an easy-to-use tool for novice and light-to-moderate DIY customers. It enables the user to read diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) from the on-board computers of 1996 and newer OBD II compliant vehicles. This gives the user the ability to quickly determine the cause of the "Check Engine" light coming on. Once repairs are made, the PocketScan allows the user to clear the trouble codes and turn off the light. All Actron code readers and scan tools are CAN compliant.

Features

Reads and erases Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and turns off check engine light

Displays MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) status

Displays supported emissions readiness monitor status (I/M Monitors)

Bilingual Manual of DTCs and Definitions (English and Spanish)

Enables user to quickly and easily link to their vehicle

Compact tool, fits in your palm

Includes CD software that contains 3,000+ Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and their descriptions

Attached OBD II 16-pin connector cable provides both data and power connections

1 year warranty
I also use this Actron, it just work on problems
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a Creader and it works great it is like 15-20 bucks and can be found on the interweb.

not real sure why some of you guys are giving the chick a hard time. while i do agree 4g's for a scan tool is outrageous, maybe she is just ballin'.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

i got mine at sears for 80 bucks. it comes with software for you comp that tells you what all codes mean. its the pocket size scan tool. you can read and erase codes with it. works on all 1996 and up obd2 vehicles. ive used it a few times already and man ill tell you it definately comes in handy and worth every penny. it beats the hell outta taking it somewhere and them chargin you 45 or 50 bucks just to tell you whats wrong. some places like advanced auto or autozone dont charge you to hook it up but just wastes your time and sometimes you cant drive it up there so its always handy to have.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evogrl
you name it my scanner does it you guys think what you want i know what i have and i know what it cost go onto the matco truck and you buy everything that i have for my scanner and you will see i'm sorry you are just cheap idiots that like to buy cheap tools i should assume that you also buy your tools from wal-mart or harbor freight well that on you cause i'm not cheap just buy that i know is goodso if you want to talk **** that's on you just shows you are childish and have nothing better to do than to talk **** on the internet i can also scan any car you put infront of me not just obd-2 so say what you want but i've already made my money back from my scanner

OK I got to call you out on this. This is a link to a thread that this chick started. Just read it.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=320276

She calls us cheap for buying a $30 scanner and she claims to have a $4k scanner, yet she says she does not have the money for a tune and she has a intake, exhaust, mbc and she wants to know why her car is running bad at boost.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
OK I got to call you out on this. This is a link to a thread that this chick started. Just read it.

She calls us cheap for buying a $30 scanner and she claims to have a $4k scanner, yet she says she does not have the money for a tune and she has a intake, exhaust, mbc and she wants to know why her car is running bad at boost.
Pwned.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Damn female trolls...
Old Jan 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha

She's just waiting to buy the $20,000 tune that's better than yours!