Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Do I need to switch my MBC install for my new turbo setup?? Please help me!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I need to switch my MBC install for my new turbo setup?? Please help me!!

I have a full turbo kit now with all ETS .. it is a 57 trim.. went with bigger cams, injectors, fuel pump, etc.. and just got a Hallman Pro MBC... (Had a sh^tty Turbo XS one before so I decided to upgrade)

The way I installed the MBC ... I have it hooked up with the bottom nipple on the MBC going to the turbo nipple and the side nipple on the MBC going to the Tial Wastegate..

Should I switch the bottom nipple and "T" it off into the Intake Manifold via BOV line?

I am having MAJOR issues with the MBC .. It has to be my problem because I have checked EVERYTHING else.. all leaks, Tial BOV, Blow through system, etc...

Here is what is happening...

I guess my Tial 38mm wastegate is a 15psi wastegate.. so if I set my MBC at 15psi, then I am fine.. I hit 15psi and it PRECISELY stays on 15.. now when I turn it up.. to lets say 20psi.. It hit 20, but then both of my boost gauges go CRAZY .. the needle on the boost gauge shows 20 and then you can hear it bouncing between 20psi and 18psi.. there are ZERO boost leaks.

Please help people!!!! Especially those of you that use the Tial EWGA's. I REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Thank you SO much in advance!!!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:55 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
It sounds like you have it hooked up wrong. See this post:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=316596
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

How did I have it hooked up wrong? I have the bottom end of the MBC going directly to the cold side of the turbo (nipple on compressor cold side) and the side end going directly to the wastegate nipple...

Your thread that you posted just gave a write up on how to install using the "T" into the DV line that runs from the intake manifold..

do you have any issues with capping off the turbo nipple and putting a "T" into the BOV line?

I need people's opinions that run bigger turbos then stock with Tial External Wastegates on how they ran their MBC's.

PLEASE HELP ) :

Also, Hallman supplied me with REALLY small vacuum hose (diameter) that can BARELY fit over the barbed fitting.. Is the vacuum line supposed to be almost impossible to get over the MBC and Wastegate nipples? It just seems like it is on there WAY too tight... I wonder if that has anything to do with boost.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Looking for answers... I REALLY want to get my car running right.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

The tubing is probably right...I think they recommend 3mm inside diameter...It is SMALL..and takes some work to get on.
When the needles on your gauges go crazy, is the car surging, can you hear a difference in engine sound?
I guess you could always cap the outlet, and try the "T" method, it's not too difficult to help rule out some stuff.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the car is surging when it happens... Any ideas?
Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately i'm not too familiar with the hallman..I have an UNOS...but, does the hallman have 2 springs, stiff/soft? Also, I read on the forums here of some "sticking", the ball bearing inside the mbc will stick causing strange spikes...the fix was disassembling, lubing the ball bearing with a very light coat of motor oil and re-assemble.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would run the line on the bottom and T it on the diverter line. Which nipple are you hooked up to on the wastegate? Make sure it is on the bottom one leaving the top open. You should be set after that.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

^ I have the External Tial so there is only one nipple

but UPDATE:

I COMPLETELY fixed my problem by T-ing into the BOV line ( : YAY!!!!!!

thanks SO MUCH!!!!!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:48 AM

I have the same set up as yours! can you send me a picture of where your vacuum lines are set up? and where the T goes in?