Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

O2 housing, manifold, licp, uicp = How much gain?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up O2 housing, manifold, licp, uicp = How much gain?

I guess I just got totally used to the power I am running.. looking to do a few breathing upgrades...

Currently I have:

HKS RS
Tanabe DP
Perrin Cat
Espelir Exhaust
Cosworth Cams
ECU flash & Tuned at Harman
Last dyno numbers were 300 WHP, and 320 WTQ

Just want to know how much power I can gain from:

Exhaust manifold - Invidia any good? power gains?
O2 housing - Invidia any good? power gains?
UICP - Greddy, Injen or? power gains?
LICP - Greddy, Injen or? power gains?

Thanks for the help in advance.

I guess if this does not satisfy my power cravings, then I will have to go the meth route and get an AEM injection system and MBC.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

exhaust manifold - ported stocker or full race -minimal gains 5-15hp. depending on boost, other mods..etc...its been proven that all other manifolds dont give AS much a gain as these 2

02 housing - megan or buschur coated ebay o2 - best you can go with. search and u will find.

licp - sure, if you want to. better throttle response, not sure about power gains

uicp - sure if you want to. not worth it for the price and mod level you are on. no gains whatsoever that i've seen but throttle response will be better. if u want to go aftermarket uicp, i say go the mini batt way. for that, i think it is worth it.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

oh and also...greddy, injen, invidia...i haven't seen any gains on these parts. if anyone has though, please post...
Old Jan 5, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

well let's just say u'll have big improvment Gain ! ... have fun
Old Jan 5, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say little to none , maybe 10hp at best
Old Jan 5, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Get a MBC and o2 housing.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by groove304
Get a MBC and o2 housing.
I have thought about getting an MBC for a while now.. but I keep thinking whats the use if I'm not running any meth injection kits? I've heard the max you can turn up the boost to is around 23 or 24psi without the meth kit. Isnt that correct?

I am at 22psi right now.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Funny you make this thread- I have all the same things sitting in my garage waiting to be installed- but I also have an 05' turbo with the 10.5 hotside waiting as well.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Without changing the tune much, probably 5-7 whp. Those pieces are on the breathing side which is not a problem at the street performance level. If you push the tune and boost, you'll see maybe 10-12 more than you would have without those pieces added.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LoveBoost
I guess I just got totally used to the power I am running.. looking to do a few breathing upgrades...

Currently I have:

HKS RS
Tanabe DP
Perrin Cat
Espelir Exhaust
Cosworth Cams
ECU flash & Tuned at Harman
Last dyno numbers were 300 WHP, and 320 WTQ

I guess if this does not satisfy my power cravings, then I will have to go the meth route and get an AEM injection system and MBC.

Thanks again.
Or maybe a better tune? Your numbers seem kind of low for a IX with TBE and cams. I've seen others with similar mods making closer to 350 WHP. Just a thought no harm intended
Old Jan 6, 2008, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
Or maybe a better tune? Your numbers seem kind of low for a IX with TBE and cams. I've seen others with similar mods making closer to 350 WHP. Just a thought no harm intended
Why do you think my numbers are that low? I've heard that before when I talk about the dyno numbers. Is it due to a bad tune (Maybe Harman doesnt know how to tune cars ) or maybe I should be boosting a little more, like 24psi to attain the 350WHP number? Maybe my tune is too conservative?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

What type of dyno does Harman use? If they use a dynojet, then those numbers are very low with those mods. If it's a dyno dynamics/mustang, then it seems about right. I believe they use a mustang dyno but I'm not 100% certain on it.

FYI, Harman is known for working/tuning more on Subies than Evo's.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

not gonna see too much. maybe around 10 at best as mentioned already
Old Jan 6, 2008, 09:35 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I've seen great results with some of these parts. The IC piping I'm not so sure about, but I've seen the buschur SS o2 housing and ported stock exhaust manifold yield a solid 15-20whp, but like 9sec9 mentioned, you may need to tune to see all of that. Port your turbine housing while you have everything apart.

Just yesterday my friend's IX was on DB Performance's Dyno Dynamics dyno. IX's with TBE and intake (+mbc & tune of course) will put down 275-290whp on this dyno, his car put down 317whp and has buschur ported exhaust manifold, buschur SS 02 housing, and we ported the turbine housing (mildly). He has buschur LICP too, but I honestly don't see that adding too much for power.

Last edited by scheides; Jan 6, 2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm surprised nobody said this already....PPI ported and swain tech coated 02 housing and exhaust manifold. If your going to stay stock turbo for a while and your doing manifold and 02 housing you might as well get a ported & swain tech coated 10.5 hotside from PPI also and put it all in at once. I'm going to throw out a low # and say 20whp gain from those 3 tuned. Spool up will be a lot faster. I have the buschur LICP and i don't know the hp gains but i could definitely feel a good difference in spool up on the butt dyno. And i think UICP is pointless unless your doing a FMIC too and getting a short routing uicp with a mini battery kit.

Quick Reply: O2 housing, manifold, licp, uicp = How much gain?