Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Merged: JDM EVO8 6 speed transmission 4,622 cars been recalled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.. thats the reason they gave the usdm Evo the 5 speed cus the 6 was untested and they didn't want to recall the New evo since it will be its first year here.. i dont' like to shift that much anyways.. Sometimes i shift from first to 3rd cus i'm lazy and talkign on my cell phone
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:59 AM

That's not the reason. This is "technically" the first year in the UK too. If you read the service recall it says the problem with a pin that connects the shifter. It will either be repressed in or a new pin added. Not really a tranny issue.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 01:09 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The recall mention the shift control needle being too short

If used for a prolong peiord of time you would be unable to shift.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know what you guys are complaning about. Most cars get recalls S2000, supras, RX7 and many many others. They are fast, they are build for speed so they are loud and different than other cars. You are not driving a camry. I am italian and i saw these cars since i was 15 years old thats how they work. You cant even go fast all the time you will break it and dealer wont cover it by any warrenty. I just go to fast when i am racing but when i am driving to work to home i drive like an 80 years old man why??? because i know that these cars are pushed to the limits and if you dont take care of them they will not takecare of you. Thats why mitsubishi was afraid of bringing this car here because we will make up some f***uc stories about TRAN and so on.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Az3ar
I dont know what you guys are complaning about. Most cars get recalls S2000, supras, RX7 and many many others. They are fast, they are build for speed so they are loud and different than other cars. You are not driving a camry. I am italian and i saw these cars since i was 15 years old thats how they work. You cant even go fast all the time you will break it and dealer wont cover it by any warrenty. I just go to fast when i am racing but when i am driving to work to home i drive like an 80 years old man why??? because i know that these cars are pushed to the limits and if you dont take care of them they will not takecare of you. Thats why mitsubishi was afraid of bringing this car here because we will make up some f***uc stories about TRAN and so on.
I wholeheartedly agree. What can you expect from a gearbox that is driving all four wheels through super sticky tires with a load of torque? Oh, and it must be light. And be able to handle 400+ wtq. DSM guys and WRX guys would kill for it. It won't drive like a Cadillac. Ah well. Everyone's views of what they will accept in a street car is different. Me? I have no rear seat, no trunk, taken out everything else to save weight and even use strictly 4 point harnesses everyday.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com