Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ix cams po11 code

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k we pulled the in. cam(thinking a prob might be there) and then redid the whole timing...belt looks like it has alot less slack in it between the cam gears..can anyone help me with how much slack should be there as in very few (can turn it a 1/4....not completely up and down still pretty much side/side) or if there should be none to where you cant move it...
Old Jan 19, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

k weve done all of these...

-clean the OCV
-rechecked the in. cam to see if the pin went in right again
-redid timing
-took belt tensioner off compressed and then reinstalled
-reupdloaded the map from mellon

car runs fine...drives fine...SOUNDS fine..but once you turn the car off and then restart it drive 30 feet throws the "timing over advance(p011) or system performance bank 1...again....we did all the above as people have requested to solve this problem...timing marks all line up..the 3 pullies and the 2 cam gears are all lined up..so im stumped and dont know what to do now
Old Jan 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

I know this may seem far out..and you have already tried a bunch of things, but what about putting the stockers back in, adjust timing, and your maps back to what they were just before the swap and see if it reappears...
Old Jan 19, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

well the problem is we set timing perfect every time dead on the mark timing belt dead tight ... throws the code ... after a 2 min slow drive in the rain ... intake cam is a hair forward of the mark and the belt is loose ... i dont understand what is being done wrong. or how to fix it i doubt putting the stocky cams are going to make the timing all better
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Troy, TTP's post is interesting, did you find out anything more about it? the MIVEC trigger?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
Troy, TTP's post is interesting, did you find out anything more about it? the MIVEC trigger?

we think it is all in getting the belt tight we thought we had it but it threw the codes again the 3rd time we stopped and turn the car off and back on .. usually only took once ... so now i have ordered the tool for it and will be waiting till Wednesday to get it

belt hardly moves now but it has a little more that it can get tighter hopefully that is the problem
Old Jan 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

back to the top... what to do

things that have been checked over and over again ... timing belt is dead tight and dead on all its timing marks .... still throws the codes for over advance p0011 bank one idk what to do anymore ... idk if putting the stock cams back in would fix it or just go on with the problem

and i cant get a hold of gsc because most of them are busy with the 24 hours and such this week
Old Jan 23, 2008, 02:33 PM
Account Disabled

Troy do you want to try a stock timing and mivec map? if so shoot me an e-mail and I'll work one up for you just to see what it does.

I know there's nothing wrong with the tune/ROM but it might help us or someone else understand what's wrong with the car if the CEL went away.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

shot u a email chris
Old Jan 23, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Subscribed. This sounds like a pita! I have S1's and haven't put them in yet so I need to find out how this ends up and what caused it. Has anyone else had similar problems with S1s?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
Subscribed. This sounds like a pita! I have S1's and haven't put them in yet so I need to find out how this ends up and what caused it. Has anyone else had similar problems with S1s?

yea i still am wondering what its causing it ... the first time i talked to gsc they haven't had any problems that they would tell me about at least so im hoping it something stupid and i can get back on the road asap 24 hours this weekend and i need my car to camp and run around in
Old Jan 23, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

well i just walked out to kick the car and the timing belt has idk alot of play in it again ... y idk it was dead tight even when it threw the codes driving and after i parked it wtf so back out i go to rip apart my car
Old Jan 23, 2008, 04:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
The timing belt will also have some slack at a certain point in rotation and be tight at another point in rotation. Don't pull your hair out.

Are you 100% sure you have the balance shaft in phase? Although it probably wouldn't run so hot.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Is the tensioner keeping a constant tension on the belt? Keeping all the slack out of it. That might be why the car is throwing for the code. It should be 1/2 inch extension length on the tensioner rod. With between 22 to 44 pound of force on the rod it should not exceed .04 inches of movement.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
Account Disabled

I just sent Troy an updated version of the ROM with bone stock timing and VVT maps. He's going to reset the ecu and give it a whirl. Maybe we'll learn something.

thanks everyone for trying to help! there's got to be a simple solution to this, it shouldn't be this difficult for Troy...hate this for him.

Quick Reply: ix cams po11 code