Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

any buschur 2.3Ls in the house?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Sound like fun going for a 9 sec car ?
yes sharkbite...lol...i will see how i can get hold of c16 gas..i might have that run in the car at all times since this is my weekend Exotic worrior..i already have friends and relatives with exotic cars lined up wanted to run me..hahah

btw..about a year ++ ago i use to look at your signature and your posts and drool and wonder when i was gonna get to your stage...lol..i think i am not too far behind now ha? hahahah

thanks people!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by denolloyd
Talk about torque... Your car is going to be insane... Good Luck
i wish...i hope!!!!!!!!!!

thanks buddy..

i have one advise for people with stockish evos who think one day they will go all out...
i would say just save up your money and do it once and for all when you have your funds ready
i have taken the other route and looking back at it..i think i would have saved alot of cash...dont get me wrong...i enjoyed every mile of the maxed out stock turbo..the car was fast, reliable and hauls azz!! but not enough for me hunger for more speed
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dxbevo9
yes sharkbite...lol...i will see how i can get hold of c16 gas..i might have that run in the car at all times since this is my weekend Exotic worrior..i already have friends and relatives with exotic cars lined up wanted to run me..hahah

btw..about a year ++ ago i use to look at your signature and your posts and drool and wonder when i was gonna get to your stage...lol..i think i am not too far behind now ha? hahahah

thanks people!
Im trying to get my car to the 9 sec mark I'm on a mission
Old Jan 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
btw crcain...what are people with simmillar setups boosting around ur area..and how aggressive do they go with timing?
I'm in the Caribbean.. the fuel is **** down here, but I still can run as much as 2.2 bar on pump if I want. As for other Evo's down here, I honestly don't believe they have been tuned all that well, and so run conservative boost on pump.

In terms of timing numbers.. trust me it will never help you to know what timing anyone else is running because so many things effect that... cams, compression ratio, fuel, back pressure, etc.... just make sure you get a tuner who knows what he is doing. No tuner will ever care how much timing another car is running, if he knows what he is doing.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

damn man..hahaha...i also wanted to go 2.0 but decided i needed the little extra torque for i need g-force..
we will difenitely stay in touch..i wanted to send them my block as a core but i decided i will just pay $1800 coz the shipping from dubai to Ohio is a fortune so i am gonna sell my shortblock locally

good luck to you too man
Dang bro, I know what you mean about torque, but me being able to rev 10,000 RPM's made my eyes open wide!!!

i wish...i hope!!!!!!!!!!

thanks buddy..

i have one advise for people with stockish evos who think one day they will go all out...
i would say just save up your money and do it once and for all when you have your funds ready
i have taken the other route and looking back at it..i think i would have saved alot of cash...dont get me wrong...i enjoyed every mile of the maxed out stock turbo..the car was fast, reliable and hauls azz!! but not enough for me hunger for more speed
I know what you mean about maxing out the stock turbo, I'm pushing 434 ft lb of torque at 4,000 RPM's on a 16G and it's nuts. I'm going to see with a built 2.0 how much more can I hurt it before I go to GT series turbo .

I'm also on the quest for 9's.. Even if it's 9.9999999 I'll be happy with that as long as I don't have to do any major weight reduction, or utilize special fuel that isn't 93 oct. and meth, but we'll see
Old Jan 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Im trying to get my car to the 9 sec mark I'm on a mission
Sharkbite2000, do you have a standard AMS 2.3 or their RR version of the 2.3? Just wondering....
Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Dang bro, I know what you mean about torque, but me being able to rev 10,000 RPM's made my eyes open wide!!!

I know what you mean about maxing out the stock turbo, I'm pushing 434 ft lb of torque at 4,000 RPM's on a 16G and it's nuts. I'm going to see with a built 2.0 how much more can I hurt it before I go to GT series turbo .
dude...we are like in the exactly same boat...i made 436ftlb of torque and its nute..tires break loose in first gear all the time. sometimes in second

so no one answered me...does anyone know what the compression ratio is on buschurs 2.3L

thanks
Old Jan 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

I know on my 2.0 they said it was 9:1, so I'm guessing it's the same on a 2.3 or maybe not.. IDK
Old Jan 20, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

wow...9:1...thats high compression!!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Sharkbite2000, do you have a standard AMS 2.3 or their RR version of the 2.3? Just wondering....
Just 2.3 not the RR version , I would probably stay on 2.0 if I did it again.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Just 2.3 not the RR version , I would probably stay on 2.0 if I did it again.
why would you say such a thing?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Because I think I could get more power and higher rev gives me a little bit more top speed in every gear.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

i see...i also kinda forgot you are running the famous "shine at high revs" 37R

how is your car running now...what did it run on the track?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

i see...i also kinda forgot you are running the famous "shine at high revs" 37R

how is your car running now...what did it run on the track?
Don't have it back yet almost another 2 weeks I think and she is ready, Like I said im on a mission for the 9's
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Don't have it back yet almost another 2 weeks I think and she is ready, Like I said im on a mission for the 9's
i hope you achieve your goals!!

my tuner (banana) from singapore and several experienced people on this boards are advising me to go with buschurs 2.0 for more reliability and better/higher revs