Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

any buschur 2.3Ls in the house?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

dxbevo9, good luck my friend, and keep us posted am really looking forword to your project, cuz am going the same path but with the BR 2.0L built engine, but first I need to get the HTA35R and see what can it do with the stock engine, I already saw Mellon tuning doing crazy stuff with it, so I might keep the stock engine for some time

about you question, if am not mistaken the compression ratio should be a 9:01
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

I like my AMS 2.3 liter with AMS gt35r turbo kit. the spoolup and torque are great. I went with 2.3 because I don't go to the track but prolly twice a year. I'm more of a "have fun on the streets" kinda guy. I don't really race a lot of people or anything. Just have fun getting up to the speed limit. quickly lol. your spoolup will be really good since your doing the HTA35r.

Last edited by Johnboy1065; Jan 21, 2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have yet to see a 2.3 that is built right goes bad....at least not Buschurs.

I had my block stroked for 6k miles with the horsepower you see on my dyno chart in the signature...thats how I drive the car ALL the time on the street....and I USE the power...I NEVER lowered my boost or detuned it for the street ( I run E85 24/7)..I am always set on KILL. I have yet to see my block skipping a beat.

The 2.0 is the king for the drag strip for sure. The way it builds power and the long revs.

For the street the 2.3 is the king. Ask anyone who built and tuned a 2.3 .

How much boost you want to run? Are you sure you can get your hands on race gas there? I have many friends from there that did not know how to get race gas in Dubai.

And remember there are many variables that could hurt an engine....your car will not be bullet proof even with a 2.0 block.

Its simple .... The more power you make, the sooner stuff will break..thats the nature of the beast. Getting a good tuner helps allot.
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

well i am kinda in both...i like having fun on the streets ... and i actually race alot of people..some from a dig..most from a roll..i also race on the strip sometimes however i am planning on doing it more often with my new setup...
i really dont know what i should go with or do..i havent been in a 35r powered car..or any larger turbo for that matter...however i have been in a stroked stock turbo evo and felt the torque in my sinal cord..lol

how many miles have you put on your block johnboy at what boost and how much power are you making?

thanks
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wazvette
I have yet to see a 2.3 that is built right goes bad....at least not Buschurs.

I had my block stroked for 6k miles with the horsepower you see on my dyno chart in the signature...thats how I drive the car ALL the time on the street....and I USE the power...I NEVER lowered my boost or detuned it for the street ( I run E85 24/7)..I am always set on KILL. I have yet to see my block skipping a beat.

The 2.0 is the king for the drag strip for sure. The way it builds power and the long revs.

For the street the 2.3 is the king. Ask anyone who built and tuned a 2.3 .

How much boost you want to run? Are you sure you can get your hands on race gas there? I have many friends from there that did not know how to get race gas in Dubai.

And remember there are many variables that could hurt an engine....your car will not be bullet proof even with a 2.0 block.

Its simple .... The more power you make, the sooner stuff will break..thats the nature of the beast. Getting a good tuner helps allot.

Mansour...

that is the kind of post i was looking for..
there are a couple of garages here that import c16...(for reference: Sub-Zero Workshop, 1000Dunes Garage, Bin Dalmouch workshop)
however i managed to get AvGas from BP fuels dubai..
c16 is so expensive.. a full tank would cost me 10 times what i pay for 94oct pump...thats about $250..

i think it is more approperiate to go with a 2.3 for my situation...i still dont know..

thanks for your input.
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dxbevo9
well i am kinda in both...i like having fun on the streets ... and i actually race alot of people..some from a dig..most from a roll..i also race on the strip sometimes however i am planning on doing it more often with my new setup...
i really dont know what i should go with or do..i havent been in a 35r powered car..or any larger turbo for that matter...however i have been in a stroked stock turbo evo and felt the torque in my sinal cord..lol

how many miles have you put on your block johnboy at what boost and how much power are you making?

thanks
I got 535 whp on buschur's mustang dyno at 30psi before it started knocking. that was on 110 octane though, and BPR7ES spark plugs. So I might've gotten quite a bit more on C16 and a step colder spark plugs in the car. BUT yeah I've got only around 3,000 miles on the car. But I havent had any problems. I went with the .020 overbored ams 2.3 kit. the driveability is awesome on the street. Trust me even 535 whp can put the fear of the Lord in ya lol
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Mansour...

that is the kind of post i was looking for..
there are a couple of garages here that import c16...(for reference: Sub-Zero Workshop, 1000Dunes Garage, Bin Dalmouch workshop)
however i managed to get AvGas from BP fuels dubai..
c16 is so expensive.. a full tank would cost me 10 times what i pay for 94oct pump...thats about $250..

i think it is more approperiate to go with a 2.3 for my situation...i still dont know..

thanks for your input.
you welcome budd ...just trying to help...How much octane does AvGas have?

Why dont you run Methanol or windshield fluid with a decent spraying kit with a failsafe?? that would help you allot..I think it should be your next step my friend.

Honestly ...If I were you I would worry more about how your going to have more octane to raise boost and have the turbos full potential ...I mean with pump gas your not pushing enough power to worry about a built block much.. regardless if it was a 2.0 or 2.3.....unless your tuner is a novice off course .
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Wazvette
my tuner is awesome...he is so experienced and so dedicated at what he does..he runs a 2.3L HKS 3040 setup at his home land..pushing about 550hp on pump.
i dont like meth...for somereason i look at it like nitrous oxide..which i also dont like.
how much alcohol percentage does window cleaner have? what methanol injection with a very reliable fail-safe do you recommend? hfs-5?
my tuner recommended we push what he is pushing 29psi (2 bars) and his car is set up for track days and roadcoarse..
so thats the kinda boost i am planning on..
i have been pushing 1.8bars (26.XXpsi) for the past year on my stock internals block on pump gas...with zero issues..everyonce in a while i do a log and i have 0..yes ZERO knock..on a dastek dyno i put 411whp/436wtrq

you welcome budd ...just trying to help...How much octane does AvGas have?

Why dont you run Methanol or windshield fluid with a decent spraying kit with a failsafe?? that would help you allot..I think it should be your next step my friend.

Honestly ...If I were you I would worry more about how your going to have more octane to raise boost and have the turbos full potential ...I mean with pump gas your not pushing enough power to worry about a built block much.. regardless if it was a 2.0 or 2.3.....unless your tuner is a novice off course .
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Wazvette
my tuner is awesome...he is so experienced and so dedicated at what he does..he runs a 2.3L HKS 3040 setup at his home land..pushing about 550hp on pump.
i dont like meth...for somereason i look at it like nitrous oxide..which i also dont like.
how much alcohol percentage does window cleaner have? what methanol injection with a very reliable fail-safe do you recommend? hfs-5?
my tuner recommended we push what he is pushing 29psi (2 bars) and his car is set up for track days and roadcoarse..
so thats the kinda boost i am planning on..
i have been pushing 1.8bars (26.XXpsi) for the past year on my stock internals block on pump gas...with zero issues..everyonce in a while i do a log and i have 0..yes ZERO knock..on a dastek dyno i put 411whp/436wtrq

Having 30 psi on pump is not the problem...its how much timing you can dial in with that kind of boost and not have knock...you know what I mean?...

I had the same whp numbers as you when I was on stock block with bolt ons...I was running only 23 psi though.

Some windshield cleaners have %40+ of alcohol...which is decent.

I heard good stuff about HFs-5. I run SMC but I have AEM EMS which has a failsafe for the SMC...in your case I would go HFS-5 for sure.

I am sure you chose a good tuner....what I was saying is only in the case of a bad tuner you should be worried.
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 02:46 AM
Evolving Member

I was reading your post again and I realized something funny and sooo true...everyone in the gulf area hates the word "spraying"...whether its alcohol , nitrous, or anything...they consider that cheating .

Oh well... I can't convince you that its not bad...you obviously made up your mind.

Good luck with anything Moosa.
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 02:56 AM
Evolved Member

I was reading your post again and I realized something funny and sooo true...everyone in the gulf area hates the word "spraying"...whether its alcohol , nitrous, or anything...they consider that cheating .

Oh well... I can't convince you that its not bad...you obviously made up your mind.

Good luck with anything Moosa.

hahahaha very true....
around here..if you get cought spraying in a race, especially if you have denied it, you will be disgraced, hated and ignored forever by everybody,...including your family, chirldren and most probably wife/gf

hahahahah
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

so not many buschur 2.3s here ha?
Old Jan 21, 2008 | 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

alright...just received a msg from Jrod saying he received the payment and that he is going to put my parts together and ship'em out...by the time those parts get to me--(about 1 week from when they ship out)--i will have the payment for the Stroker block wired to him immidiately!!!

wooohoooo....i cant sleep!!!
hahahahahahahah
Old Jan 23, 2008 | 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

alright folks i hust decided on the BR 2.0 Stg III block
Old Jan 24, 2008 | 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Good choise and Good luck, let us know how is works out for you
are you going to do transmission or T-case upgrade with it?