Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

any buschur 2.3Ls in the house?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

any buschur 2.3Ls in the house?

i want some reviews on this block..i am about three thoughts (each thought usualy takes me 24 hours ) away from ordering it...
guys anyone know what the compression is on the buschur 2.3L shortblock??

i already ordered (only from buschur):

hta35r turbo kit
1000cc injectors
twin fuel pumps
polished heat shield
3" down pipe
Race intercooler
lower pipes (for race intercooler)

i already have (thanks to GSC MOTORSPORTS):

AMS vsr intake mani
HKS fuel pressure reg
Agency Power Fuel Rail
Fuel Lines
Exedy Twin
Greddy Upper intercooler pipe
Ralli-art Thermostat
Performance Friction 2pc rotors & pads
3" cat back + decat
ARP Head Studs
Supertech Titanium Valve springs and retainers
Ported & polished stock head (stock valves)
GSC S1 Mivec Cams
GSC Power devision Catch Oil Can
Defi BF (amber) Boost/oil pressure/oil temp gauges
**just received**
Rexpeed Type 1 CF wing
C-west front bumper only (my stock bumper is busted )
Rexpeed 3 gauges pod

in the orders:

Motec M8 w/ evo specific harness
custom 3.5" catback
buschur racing 2.3L short block
Rexpeed Genador style CF mirrors

looking for 2.0 bar (29 psi) on pump gas (94oct) i really cant wait!!!
first night the buschur parts arrive i think i am gonna hugg the hta35r and sleep..the next night it could either be the intercooler or the motec..hahahahah

pointless thread i know...but no i am not trying to act baller..it took me 2 years to gather up some ***** and cash to do this project!!
i am just so excited and wanted to share it with the community..

later!!
Moosa

Last edited by dxbevo9; Jan 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

oh forgot to mention on order is a set of Bride Gias Gradation
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

sounds like fun
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

yeah...i want a car that scares the living crap out of me :S
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like your gonna have some serious down time on your car to me. haha good luck with all your upgrades man and glad to hear that im not the only one whos not on baller status. haha. keep us updated on your progress dude.
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

downtime?? hopefully not..the car is still running..and will keep running untill the last part arrives to me....goes into the garage..estimated 10 working days and the car should be out with every single part..including the parts i forgot to mention..i am gonna get a base tune at 10 psi for the break in...figure out all the bugs here and there..and thereafter tune!!

thanks for your reply!!! who built your block and how many mile have you put on it?!

Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

well its actually upcoming. i havent built it yet. im gonna be building it myself. i built my head myself except the port and polish. im gonna stick with the 2.0L bottom end though. i wanna be able to rev high. ive got je pistons, manley h-beam rods, arp mainstuds, arp rod bolts, clevite rod and main bearings. ill probably get my crank balanced, blueprinted and polished. its gonna be gettin done very soon so i plan to post up some pics of my progress for everyone to see.
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

If you do buy the Buschur shortblock I don't think he will tell you to futz around at 10 psi for long. Once the engine is up to temp, and you've done an oil change I think you can go ***** out.

Just make sure your tuner is listening for det properly (ie headphones) when mapping your Motec. Good luck! And yes it will scare you.
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 20Grockit
well its actually upcoming. i havent built it yet. im gonna be building it myself. i built my head myself except the port and polish. im gonna stick with the 2.0L bottom end though. i wanna be able to rev high. ive got je pistons, manley h-beam rods, arp mainstuds, arp rod bolts, clevite rod and main bearings. ill probably get my crank balanced, blueprinted and polished. its gonna be gettin done very soon so i plan to post up some pics of my progress for everyone to see.
sounds nice!!

show us your progress and goodluck!!

wish me luck too brotha hahahah
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
If you do buy the Buschur shortblock I don't think he will tell you to futz around at 10 psi for long. Once the engine is up to temp, and you've done an oil change I think you can go ***** out.

Just make sure your tuner is listening for det properly (ie headphones) when mapping your Motec. Good luck! And yes it will scare you.
yes i read davids thread about how he recommends break in for his engines..
however y breaking in consists of a small drive around town to make sure everything is working and there are no leaks or squikes!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!! i cant wait..

btw crcain...what are people with simmillar setups boosting around ur area..and how aggressive do they go with timing?
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah youve got alot more work to get done than i do so you need the luck more than me. haha but def. good luck man.
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

I got a Buschur Stage 3 Short Block on the way, and like you, I can't wait! I sent him the entire long block, and DB built it / put it together, so I know once that monster drops in my car it's going to be party time!!! I am curious to see how your dyno looks like, I order a fully built 2.0, and plan on going with the HTA 35R later on, but I really want to see how much sooner you're going to be spooling then me. I'll keep and touch, and good-luck with your car!
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I got a Buschur Stage 3 Short Block on the way, and like you, I can't wait! I sent him the entire long block, and DB built it / put it together, so I know once that monster drops in my car it's going to be party time!!! I am curious to see how your dyno looks like, I order a fully built 2.0, and plan on going with the HTA 35R later on, but I really want to see how much sooner you're going to be spooling then me. I'll keep and touch, and good-luck with your car!
damn man..hahaha...i also wanted to go 2.0 but decided i needed the little extra torque for i need g-force..
we will difenitely stay in touch..i wanted to send them my block as a core but i decided i will just pay $1800 coz the shipping from dubai to Ohio is a fortune so i am gonna sell my shortblock locally

good luck to you too man
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Sound like fun going for a 9 sec car ?
Old Jan 20, 2008 | 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Talk about torque... Your car is going to be insane... Good Luck