Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

finally got my FP HTA twin scroll gt3582R

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice hope that you get good results
Old Jan 23, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by riceball777
i bought the twin scroll gt35r for $1200 and i sent the turbo to FP for the HTA conversion for $450. I only did that because FP did not have the twinscroll turbine housing in stock and if they ordered it they wated to change me $1400+ for the turbo plus another $$450 for the HTA conversion.

i am just going to buy the fullrace manifold from a honda-tech vendor for $1400 and i will make everything else my self such as the licp, down pipe, dump tubes. its just a lot cheeper that way compared to buy the whole kit for $7000+
Yes, I see in your sig you already have an intercooler too...

still waiting to see someone use the vertical flow
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by riceball777
also people are telling me that the .78 ar turbine housing is way to small for the flow of the compressor. what negative out put will this cause? you guys think i should buy the 1.06 ar twin scroll turbine housing for this hta gt35r turbo? remember this is going on a stock more and i'm trying to make as much power as possible with it spooling fast. i'm not looking for a crappy 5000 rpm spool time like most other gt35r stock motor evos
for the stock motor, and considering your spool goals, this is going to be a very interesting test. I strongly recommend using some big cams if you can.. the .78 is definately a little on the small side, but will work very well until 22-23+ psi. The only negative you will run into is that your top end/high boost power will be lower than it could be.

i think you will be very happy

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Yes, I see in your sig you already have an intercooler too... still waiting to see someone use the vertical flow
thanks for your patience, the latest vflow ICs are going to be worth the wait
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
for the stock motor, and considering your spool goals, this is going to be a very interesting test. I strongly recommend using some big cams if you can.. the .78 is definately a little on the small side, but will work very well until 22-23+ psi. The only negative you will run into is that your top end/high boost power will be lower than it could be.

i think you will be very happy

thanks for your patience, the latest vflow ICs are going to be worth the wait
so what a/r hotside would you say you should use on stock motor, with a twin scroll setup?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think a fullrace twin scroll manifold is very good. I seen 1 about a week ago and thought it was kinda poor The runners are stupid SMALL.

Cool idea though... twin scroll and HTA
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
If they aren't using run of the mill 1.5" schedule 40 pipe, I'd put money on their runner size selection being breed from research...

Too bad we can't get pipe fittings in 1/8 increments... Stepped thick wall tubular manifolds... That's what I'm talking 'bout for all out street performance.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:07 AM
rxw

Originally Posted by vwjeff
I dont think a fullrace twin scroll manifold is very good. I seen 1 about a week ago and thought it was kinda poor The runners are stupid SMALL.

Wasn't David Buscher running the full race TS mainifold when he went 9.66 on a GT35R???? can't be that bad!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rxw
Wasn't David Buscher running the full race TS mainifold when he went 9.66 on a GT35R???? can't be that bad!

No, no he wasnt.

Scorke
Old Jan 26, 2008, 02:11 AM
E7R
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rxw
GT35R HTA single scroll fullrace manifold
Old Jan 26, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff

ok..
Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

correct!
Originally Posted by E7R
GT35R HTA single scroll fullrace manifold
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

My thoughts on this set up....(and agin..just my experience as a pro-tuner/fabricator)

It will surge early on and choke badly up top with a .78 (got one in my engeneering shop....bad results) You will struggle to make the same power that a GT3076 single scroll .82 can make.

I suggest a larger AR on the hot side and going with such a high flow turbo already, a 2L will battle to ingest and proces the volume this thing can flow early on on a stock head.

I provided my thoughts on the setup which Evodan is now strugling with (and for that set up (1.06AR TS T3) I know what works well to aleviate his issues - (1mm oversise exhaust & inlet valves, high flowed head and high lift/duration cams ) long before he hit that brick wall - much to my dissaointment he simply made silly commets and told me otherwise.

Im simply trying to help. Use it dont use it...indifferent.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

nice looking setup hopefully we will see nice numbers coming out of this turbo kit.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by popadel
It will surge early on and choke badly up top with a .78 (got one in my engeneering shop....bad results) You will struggle to make the same power that a GT3076 single scroll .82 can make. I suggest a larger AR on the hot side and going with such a high flow turbo already, a 2L will battle to ingest and proces the volume this thing can flow early on on a stock head.

I provided my thoughts on the setup which Evodan is now strugling with (and for that set up (1.06AR TS T3) I know what works well to aleviate his issues - (1mm oversise exhaust & inlet valves, high flowed head and high lift/duration cams ) long before he hit that brick wall - much to my dissaointment he simply made silly commets and told me otherwise. Im simply trying to help. Use it dont use it...indifferent.
good post! going to be interesting for sure...
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TTT! update

Quick Reply: finally got my FP HTA twin scroll gt3582R