Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

DTM stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrNMrsEvo
if that is on a mustang dyno which is a low reading dyno, an i was on a dyno jet which is what your car is really putting down or you could say generous dyno. Why dont you believe the numbers when your just as high as i want to be? An im not tryin to be smart im just saying i dont think alot of people give 50 trim's credit i think they are a great turbo for the street.
50trim will NOT even go CLOSE to that power level.
470whp on that dyno is pure insane.

SPEED has 37r/50trim hybrid turbo.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I'm guessing you have a stock 2.0 with a 50trim right? Well, you said your wife's evo made 420 with only 18psi. That's kinda high considering, most 50trim on stock motor only make around 430-440 whp with 23-24psi on pump gas. I'm talking about dynojet here. That's including myself when I used to have the TT dual ball bearing 50trim.

Keep in mind that my numbers is on a Mustang Dyno here. It's going to be higher on a dynojet. If you were to put meth or alky in your car and boost it up to 28psi. You will probably get around 410whp on this dyno. Dont get me wrong, I like running 50trim turbos. All i'm saying is that the numbers youre trying to get is unreal with the boost that your pushing. Unless it's a high reading dyno.

Last edited by SPEED; Mar 27, 2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:05 PM

well she is running a stage 3 compressor wheel in hers w/ a 63 a/r
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

That really doesn't mean much. Different companies rate their stages differently. A pure 50 trim won't make nearly as much power as what Speed's car did as it just can't flow enough. On our dyno at around 20 pounds of boost a straight up 50 trim will put out about 380ish whp. The only problem w/ that turbo is it falls off fast as it just can't flow enough. Our hybrid turbos is where it's at, just look at Speed's results.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 06:45 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evilbada
50trim will NOT even go CLOSE to that power level.
470whp on that dyno is pure insane.

SPEED has 37r/50trim hybrid turbo.
Let me clear a couple of things up.

A standard 50 trim on this dyno (the last one we did 5 days ago) will put out 365-370 at 25 psi. Some BB units can be pushed to 30psi but they will not last. At 30 they will make 380-390. I believe that Greg posted a typo

Speeds car does not have a 37r hybrid, Its a 35r hybrid, The 82mm Standard 3R wheel has been machined to spec so that it will match a little better with our machined turbine wheel. It is encased in standard 50 trim housings.

Yes 470 on our dyno is quite a bit. For him to run 11.2 letting off thru fourth gear and trapping 111... I would say that his car is pretty quick for a full weight, stock suspension and drivetrain car that is daily driven.

Stage 3 compressor comparison is saying that you wear a size 11 Nike but an Adidas you need 10. It means nothing. You need to know what the physical dimensions and angular measurements are.

For example, evilbada's car with a similar setup but ETS's turbo kit will put own around 450WHP. His limitations are going to be the single fuel pump and MAF/stock ecu combo.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice power 397 whp at 17psi! wow keep it up
Old Mar 27, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

nothing compare to your bazillion whp evo...hahah..thanks
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we did an evo ix with bolt ons, stock internals, with an ets 50 trim, and it made 403/338 on our mustang... which surpised the hell out of me..

normally they are in the 365-385 range... im tuning another today, off the shelf 50 trim from blouch...

we have the one that made 403 getting an hta "style" compressor wheel rated at 55 lbs/min, so that should kick some butt!

i love me some 50 trim

cb
Old Mar 27, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DTM
I believe that Greg posted a typo
It was like 4 in the morning... I make mistakes...
Old Mar 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
we did an evo ix with bolt ons, stock internals, with an ets 50 trim, and it made 403/338 on our mustang... which surpised the hell out of me..

normally they are in the 365-385 range... im tuning another today, off the shelf 50 trim from blouch...

we have the one that made 403 getting an hta "style" compressor wheel rated at 55 lbs/min, so that should kick some butt!

i love me some 50 trim

cb
ohhh man can't weight for a little HTA style action for mine, gotta go big lol
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:01 PM

Well since you guys know what cars are goin to put down b4 you dyno them why dont you tell me what kristina's dad's car is goin to dyno so i dont have to waste time doin it. It is a 1gen talon fully built stage 1 forced performance cams 6h-20g 8cm exhaust side, 255fp, 720cc inj, tubular manifold, an 20lbs. b/c why waste time to dyno when you guys already know. oh an buschur 3' exhaust no cat...
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by SPEED
I'm guessing you have a stock 2.0 with a 50trim right? Well, you said your wife's evo made 420 with only 18psi. That's kinda high considering, most 50trim on stock motor only make around 430-440 whp with 23-24psi on pump gas. I'm talking about dynojet here. That's including myself when I used to have the TT dual ball bearing 50trim.
Let me just clear some things up.

The car has never made 420 on 18 psi. I don't think 420 is possible at that boost level and that turbo. But With the boost falling off to ~18 psi the car made 402 or something very similar. I tried to get the graph, but the guys at the shop that it was tuned at, are not very good with computers and I haven't been back since.

Now, being that the dyno used was a dyno jet.. you can automatically tack on a few extra HP right there. I don't see the big deal about dyno numbers anyway.. use them as a tuning tool and use the track as the real measure of hp.

But anyway.. the car looks like a blast to drive! I love the power band of these motors. It is a whole different world than what I am use to.

Last edited by JKTUNING; Mar 27, 2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Well since you guys know what cars are goin to put down b4 you dyno them why dont you tell me what kristina's dad's car is goin to dyno so i dont have to waste time doin it. It is a 1gen talon fully built stage 1 forced performance cams 6h-20g 8cm exhaust side, 255fp, 720cc inj, tubular manifold, an 20lbs. b/c why waste time to dyno when you guys already know. oh an buschur 3' exhaust no cat...
Dyno is used as a tuning tool. With a conventional 50trim, there's no way you will hit 450+ atw on mustang dyno at 23-24psi. The turbo just doesn't flow enough air to make that kind of power.

I'm not bashing on 50trim at all. Its a great street turbo.
But you are coming to a wrong conclusion.

And I don't know why you are so caught up in "Stages".
Stage doesn't mean anything.
A vendor could use a 264 degree cams and call it stage 4
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

I don't understand your apathy. Having tuned as many cars as we have with so many different setups we can draw correlations between turbos. A turbo is limited by how much air it can flow efficiently. The amount of air it can flow is directly correlated to the amount of power the car will make.

I don't understand why people get so caught up in numbers anyways. ET and traps is what counts.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PharmEcis
I don't understand your apathy. Having tuned as many cars as we have with so many different setups we can draw correlations between turbos. A turbo is limited by how much air it can flow efficiently. The amount of air it can flow is directly correlated to the amount of power the car will make.

I don't understand why people get so caught up in numbers anyways. ET and traps is what counts.
Don't forget lap times!

Quick Reply: DTM stroker kit