Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GSC Power Division CNC Cylinder Head! Dyno and track #s soon to come

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inneedof
way to throw in an advertisement

Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whats the final price on that? i might look into that after income tax
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi paul. heard alot aboot u, greg has been telling me aboot your cool spec
when is yer engine getting dyno'd mate

im going for the same cnc head and solid cams for my next engine. sounds the business, keep us updated dude

cheers
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moses evo
hi paul. heard alot aboot u, greg has been telling me aboot your cool spec
when is yer engine getting dyno'd mate

im going for the same cnc head and solid cams for my next engine. sounds the business, keep us updated dude

cheers
I need to travel more and come out your way Ive always wanted to come to Scotland. We bolted the head on and its going to ETS for the water to air intercooler and turbo kit fab Monday ETS said they need 2 weeks to get her done. I guess the water to air takes up to 40 man hrs to do her right. Im guessing that we are about 2300lbs without the intercooler and turbo kit for weight of the car which should help a bunch down the track
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2
I need to travel more and come out your way Ive always wanted to come to Scotland. We bolted the head on and its going to ETS for the water to air intercooler and turbo kit fab Monday ETS said they need 2 weeks to get her done. I guess the water to air takes up to 40 man hrs to do her right. Im guessing that we are about 2300lbs without the intercooler and turbo kit for weight of the car which should help a bunch down the track
lol paul u r mair than welcome my friend, come up for dinner if u r ever by , scotland the best country in the world

wish u the best of luck, been waiting for weeks tae find oot yer results dude haha, its gonna be a monster God willing

have u done anything aboot the transfer case and driveshafts yet

cheers
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moses evo
lol paul u r mair than welcome my friend, come up for dinner if u r ever by , scotland the best country in the world

wish u the best of luck, been waiting for weeks tae find oot yer results dude haha, its gonna be a monster God willing

have u done anything aboot the transfer case and driveshafts yet

cheers
The T-case has some of sheps magic into her Im looking for a spare one for a back up. The tranny is to easy to rebuild real quick.
Ive got a extra set of front axles and driveline. The rears are dss lv 5 300m material
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ifarted2
The T-case has some of sheps magic into her Im looking for a spare one for a back up. The tranny is to easy to rebuild real quick.
Ive got a extra set of front axles and driveline. The rears are dss lv 5 300m material
mmm very nice, it a pity i looked intae the sheps transfer case mine is the evo 4-6 version and it wont fit unless i change tae the evo 8 subframe so i sent my tail end of the transfer case tae a friend in the usa , he is gonna look intae it.

i got the driveshafts ams use on theirs, it came aff norris designs green bogey so i will test them now lol

the problem is my current car, the next one wont be a prob its a back half drag chasis, rear wheeler evo a proper drag car mostly all carbon

end of the yr that would be ready God willing, pray for me dude.thats what the gsc cnc head is for and the custom ams twin scroll turbo kit. it should be a nice car God willing

u have fun my friend, God willing u sure would

im gonna try this method

http://lancerregister.com/showthread...hreadid=183634
Old Jan 27, 2008, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by GregGSC
Guys, for starters the camera and the lighting are causing things to look off, the pointed out circles on the picture are nothing more than the recess of the valve seat and the blending of the combustion chamber. remember that this head was used and had to be cleaned up by hand.
i had that valve recess done on one of my honda heads by jg engine dynamics
its a standard thing he does on all his heads but i was wondering what are the benifits to it.. heres mine

Old Jan 27, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

greg how much does this cost to have all of that done to my head?? pm me with price please.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

you have a honda head..... why post it here?

GSC headwork looks freekin like perfection on the evo head.

Originally Posted by ROOKIEPAINS
its a standard thing he does on all his heads but i was wondering what are the benifits to it.. heres mine

Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
you have a honda head..... why post it here?

GSC headwork looks freekin like perfection on the evo head.
it was a question i also have 2 evo heads cuz i have 2 evos but the honda head is where the work was done . so again i ask the less ignorant members on this forum what are the benefits if the recessed valve job.. thank you all who are not idiotic and ugly..... i meant dubbleugly
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

i wanna port my head and upgrade my valves to 1mm over. i have the ferrea standard size valves. ive got all upgraded parts in the head including dual springs, ti retainers, seat locators, stem seals, lifters, rockers, and the valves. i have hks 272 cams but im gonna go with some new ones. probably jun. i might switch over to the jun springs and retainers as well.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
umhh, i was going to say something but someone already pointed out. no comments from me.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

During overlap both valves intake and exhaust are open. The recessed valve helps to hinder flow in the wrong direction. The factory leaves a nice recess as well. Its not a good thing to flatten it out. Those who do take it off aren't very experienced with good head prep.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

it was a question i also have 2 evo heads cuz i have 2 evos but the honda head is where the work was done . so again i ask the less ignorant members on this forum what are the benefits if the recessed valve job.. thank you all who are not idiotic and ugly..... i meant dubbleugly

well since you called me out..... did you ask JG what the benefits were? That's where I'd start. And then maybe a honda forum. But get real, you asked a technical question about a honda head on a evo forum. You didn't expect to get some sort of smarta$$ remark???? Not to mention the thread jacking.....

I can understand the general question about recessing the valve seats, but why post a pic of a honda head?

Last edited by dubbleugly01; Feb 1, 2008 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: GSC Power Division CNC Cylinder Head! Dyno and track #s soon to come