Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

just got altered Exhaust ticket !

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's the link for the header cones: http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynatech/329/72-32510/10002/-1

They have 3", 3.5", and 4"
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Just bought one of the muffler cones, and they only offer up to 2dB of noise reduction:-/ Still not enough to keep the fuzz off. I'm going to try to modify the existing resonator with the cone and see if that offers enough to kill some noise...

If anyone's got better suggestions, I'm all for it. At this stage, if this still gets me pulled over, I'm just going to have to get a different muffler:-/
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if the car isn't under your name.... bring your dad in and say it's his car hahaha worked like a charm all three times for me
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Here's the other thread with info, I'm done posting in here

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=346668&page=2
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:42 PM

if your car is that loud you must not be running a cat.really the turbo kills most of the exhaust noise anyway.there is know way anyone could call a loud exhaust a moving violation,well the car is moving and they say its a violation of the law,well its stupid anyway.sell something or borrow the cash and get a lawyer, everything works better when you have a lawyer and i'm no lawyer but i would bet for 2 or 300 dollars you will get off scott free(well except for the lawyer fees)NEVER go to court w/o a lawyer,there i said it. good luck
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea it's such a BS law. I get pulled over for it all the time for it. Effin cops.. someone across the street is getting raped/mugged and I'm getting pulled over for shiny exhaust.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

ah just take the whole exhaust off and run strait from the down pipe and see what they say then, maybe then they will be ok with your catback
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea then maybe it will be as loud as a Harley
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

do what i do tell them its a factory exhaust. did you tell the officer it was aftermarket? i told my judge my full tbe is stock even tho its cat less back and everything and is loud and i got away from it. I havent been hasseled since just dont rev ur car when around cops or run u got an evo use it ahahaha.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

and i used to be in ur situation if the cop did not look at ur exhaust or prove some way its not stock then all u have to say its stock. at least thats how i got away look on the bright side if ur smart you would have acted dumb. but if you said it was modified or aftermarket to the cop you lost. unless u get a good judge
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:38 AM

Yea it is BS and pertaining to a Harley... I was pulled over once for "too loud of an exhaust" when a damn Harley came rumbling by and I told the cop are you going to go chase him down now because my exhaust is no where near as loud as it?! He basically just laughed and continued to write up the ticket. These cops think they know every thing no matter what you tell them or the court, it is strickly up to the officer or judge on what will be the out come. Just like I recieve a speeding ticket for doing 35 in a 35 zone, the ticket even said that, and in case the officer tried to say it was wet out, I went to the weather station and got a print out that their was no rain any time near the citation time. So I go to court and plead my case and the judge still found me guilty and I had to pay the damn fine. The officer said it was wet outside and I told the judge I have a print out that there was no precipitation before the citation, and the officer replied I heard his tired squeel, then I laughed and the judge asked me "what is so funny" I said this officer is trying say I was speeding and I squeeled my tires in the we weather huh? I had a front wheel drive Eclipse that time, so I said well if it was wet and I spun my tires... They would most definately not squell, they would just spin due to the water! Anyways the judge didn't care what I had to say and the fine I had to pay and the points on my record. Bottom line is the legal system is corrupt and can do basically what they want! I bet out here somewhere a completely stock EVO has been ticketed for a custom exhaust or some BS anyways even with a stock exhaust since they look custom in a since right from the get go.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by K.Bullet
MA, doesnt have a law that states you cant change your exhaust YET! Trust me they are working to try and pass it. Usually cops will try and say it's too loud but that's BS. I got pulled over on the highway in MA, with a stock exhaust and still got a fix it ticket (which I beat). The worst part is while sitting there waiting for him to finish writing, a Harley rides by at like a million decibels and he doesnt even take a second look...

OMG!!! Sounds like Idaho all over again!! They NEVER pull anything over for exhaust except Japanese imports....****ing bs and I am getting sick of the discrimination. They LOVE pulling evos and SRTs over.!!