Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Snow performance water/meth injection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow performance water/meth injection

This is my first time looking into water/meth injection and wanted to get a little more information on it. The good and the bad. Anyone that has any helpful information on this upgrade, please drop a comment. Is it safe? Does it mess up your motor?...etc
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

go here

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=193534
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW, We use the Snow Performance 2D kit in the OKIX car. Tuning is fairly easy since the control box looks at Boost AND AirFlow signal. We're very happy with the kit.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TKEVO
This is my first time looking into water/meth injection and wanted to get a little more information on it. The good and the bad. Anyone that has any helpful information on this upgrade, please drop a comment. Is it safe? Does it mess up your motor?...etc
its good to start with some basics about water alcohol injection. take a bit of time to read thru this 2 threads, digest it and ask lots of questions. The 1st one about the types of systems out there and the 2nd about failsafe systems.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=292953

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=177646

get it drunk
Old Jan 27, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I will look into those threads. I also read on this site a guy had alky meth and a green turbo. He blew a rod and someone said it could have been because of low alky. Is there a way to know when you are low or the system shuts off and your car runs normal until the problem is fixed?
(hmmm maybe my answer is in the thread...lol)
Old Jan 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
FWIW, We use the Snow Performance 2D kit in the OKIX car. Tuning is fairly easy since the control box looks at Boost AND AirFlow signal. We're very happy with the kit.
+1!!
I got the same set-up in mine!!! You can contact ultimate CC with any questions you may have and he'll take care of you as he did me! I also tune with a Meth safe injection, low level indicator, and a waste gate soliniod, so accidents are less prone to happen. Once you go meth, you never go back.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

I saw those parts(safe injection, low level...etc) on lancer shop and thought that would be a smart thing to buy. If you run out and you cant fill it up, what happens?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

I saw those parts(safe injection, low level...etc) on lancer shop and thought that would be a smart thing to buy. If you run out and you cant fill it up, what happens?
Nothing, you just can't boost high because it will open the waste gate. I have a switch so I can turn my meth off, so I can run str8 pump gas and I have my ECU configured for both.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

^ you do?
pm details!!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on tuning to wastegate pressure without meth, and then spray at that point. So, if you ever run out of meth/plug a nozzle/pop off line then you'll be good and already tuned without the meth to 10psi or whatever.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokel
^ you do?
pm details!!
I'll show it to you in person Kel. You know I don't have a problem with that. My car will be done on Wednesday, and I'll show you how it works
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

^alright!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Nothing, you just can't boost high because it will open the waste gate. I have a switch so I can turn my meth off, so I can run str8 pump gas and I have my ECU configured for both.
How do you have it setup to do that cause thaat would be very helpful.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

How do you have it setup to do that cause thaat would be very helpful.
Well, I have a on and off switch in my glove compartment and I can switch the meth pump on or off. JestR tuned me for both. I cam use 93 or Meth. There's other ways of doing this. You can use the Cobb access port to have map switching. So you can have a bad *** tune for pure pump (in case you don't have meth) and then have another for meth, just switch it on the fly. For me, if I'm running on meth say at like 30psi and the meth runs out, the failsafe will detect it, sends a signal to the waste gate solenoid, and the waste gate opens and makes my boost go to 26 psi which is the PSI I run on pump. The car is then put to low boot. I control the boost by using a EBC and I select hi or low. High for meth and low for pump.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
seems like the buschur dual stage boost controller would be perfect for high meth/ low pump boost settings

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...oducts_id=1165