Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Intake manifold testing.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive got to change my name from ifarted Starting to get to me.

I very much belive Me and David have nothing to sell here and only good info to pass on to our fellow evo buddys
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2

I very much belive Me and David have nothing to sell here and only good info to pass on to our fellow evo buddys
Amen!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2

Thats what its all about... if somebody doesn't like the results that dave and paul have, then they shouldn't say anything. Its as easy as that.

Last edited by evolved83; Feb 1, 2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The hypertune worked awsome on our RB26, look foward to seeing how it works on the evo
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree Paul you and I don't have anything to really gain from doing this. In the end I just hope to find an intake that will gain power over what I am running for myself and customers. I am sure that whatever I decided works best will end up being something we do sell. In that aspect I guess it could be said I have something to gain/profit.

evo08, I do not want the BJ's, they are gone and screwed a lot of people when they left. Good bye to bad blood on that one.

wicked E, I got your PM, thank you!

scheides, I got your PM too As I said, this test is going to take 2 guys a week to pull off as it is. I don't know if I am going to go all the way back to stock intake/stock throttle body while doing this.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
The hypertune worked awsome on our RB26, look foward to seeing how it works on the evo
My guess is that this is going to be the best performing manifold for smaller turbos. CBRD will be testing this on a 50 trim. Can't wait to see the results of that one. Do you have any dyno sheets with the manifold change on the RB26?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
wshihdnevo, IF the results of this intake manifold were really good then yes, we would produce it. I highly doubt my "homebrew" intake is going to outperform AMS's or Hypertune's. We'll see though.
Thanks...
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

My biggest question is will that new intake design be allowed in the ESA class at the shootout?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTech
My guess is that this is going to be the best performing manifold for smaller turbos. CBRD will be testing this on a 50 trim. Can't wait to see the results of that one. Do you have any dyno sheets with the manifold change on the RB26?
No small turbo over here with it and were running a 4 inch throttle body with it.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I am trying to find the actual post where I talked about
you have over 6,400 posts!! Best of luck

Just think, 20% of those post are of you putting up awesome data, 20% are you replying to people asking you questions that already had the answers in the 1st post, & the other 60% is you defending your claims or dealing with the haters!!

I think the homebrew will have some decent results, as the incoming air flow path is better suited, so the air no longer has to deal with the factory hurdles / indivual runners ; due to the oem straight shot, inside the oem manifold.....more so than plenum size IMO.

i very rarely observe knock in cylinder 1, via aem...thinking being this cylinder has the least amount of flow to the cylinder due to the hurdles & the big jog in the runner.....what do your internal logs show if/when you get knock?

I look forward to seeing your test results.

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Feb 1, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

EvoPooPoo, there is always controversy over how testing is done. I will even go out on a limb here and say if ifarted and myself test the same intake manifolds we are going to get different results.

As for any negative comments that are in this thread now, I am ignoring them. I don't care to argue about this **** anymore.

The last testing I did I got some BS comments so I kept the information mostly to myself.......the haters are overtaking the good information. The more hate I get, the less I post, it's quite good for me and our direct customers, they will continue to go faster from all the testing

Have a nice day.
This is great!! DB/buschur racing FTW
Old Feb 1, 2008, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Can you get off my butt now as being a "doubter"? I'd appreciate it.
I am looking forward to the results

Originally Posted by tabio42
Just like the best catalytic converter is the one you sell.
Not the best, just the biggest with regards to gains in hp short of a test pipe. If you find one that produces more, let me know

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Feb 1, 2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 05:30 PM
Account Disabled

As for any negative comments that are in this thread now, I am ignoring them. I don't care to argue about this **** anymore.

The last testing I did I got some BS comments so I kept the information mostly to myself.......the haters are overtaking the good information. The more hate I get, the less I post, it's quite good for me and our direct customers, they will continue to go faster from all the testing

Have a nice day.
This is a powerful statement and I applaud you on your honesty and maturity. After searching Buschur threads for the last couple of days I see that there is haters.

When people hate it means they envy and you're doing something right! I say the best thing to do is kill with kindness and if they can't get it than ignore because they're just stupid. Really we all just want to go fast so, whats with all this freaking hate?

***Food for thought*** 7 out of 10 humans are haters. I know its a shame!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

The more hate I get, the less I post, it's quite good for me and our direct customers, they will continue to go faster from all the testing

Have a nice day.
That's the best comment I've heard all week! I am very interested to see what results you see with this testing.

As for everyone who questions David for what he does.....STFU and buy what the magazines tell you to buy and we'll see who comes out on top...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

4 inch tb
Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
No small turbo over here with it and were running a 4 inch throttle body with it.

Quick Reply: Intake manifold testing.