Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Just went large at GRUPPE-S

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008 | 10:41 AM

Just went large at GRUPPE-S

Hey Guys

Please give me you suggestions if I have missed any impotant parts that are required to get the most out of my next conversion.

I just purchased the following from Gruppe-s and would like know your opinion:

Greddy intercooler, 720cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Exedy organic clutch, braided brake and clutch line. I am looking for the fp Green turbo but none seem to be available at the moment.

Currently the only mods on my stock evo 9 are a full 3 inch and decated exhaust system and drop in filter running on 95 Mon octane with a great Mellon tune. Chris managed 340 whp at 26psi for me down at the coast here in Cape Town, South Africa. All that on the stock turbo using the restrctor pill change and Ecu for boost controll.

I am really wondering what kind of increase the fp Green will make with the mods above. Also how much difference will cams and things like upper and lower intercooler piping and a filter kit make? What about the safety aspect of this modification as my car is my daily driver? I won’t be track racing at all.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Howzit

Try speaking to Johnny "Whoopass" on the SA Forum - he has had a Green on his Evo 9.

I would say you are looking at an extra 50HP atw though...

Schweet
Sal

Old Feb 4, 2008 | 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

You live in Africa? Sweet!
Old Feb 4, 2008 | 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

wow sweet! the green will definately give you more power, but email flashes won't be able to get the most out of your setup anymore if you are going past basic bolt-ons. You may want to look for a good tuner around there and put the car on a few road tunes to get the best out of your setup.