Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge WGA Issues (I think)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Forge WGA Issues (I think)

Hey all, I've been driving myself absolutely retarded trying to get the boost on my car set up properly. I have full bolt on's, cams, FP Green, FMIC, pipes, injectors, etc. etc. AND the Forge High Boost WGA (19-24psi spring). Oh, and the GReddy Profec EBC. Now, here is my issue:

I have been testing diff preloads on the WGA (3-4 turns) and the result is that with the ebc turned off, turbo spools fast and then at about 4-5K is almost is like its popping, like the WG is opening and closing very quickly or something. IDK! If i lengthen the WGA rod so the turnbuckle just slips onto the flapper arm, the boost is lower (obviously), but roughly the same thing occurs! This is starting to affect my sleep! Anyway, what could be the problem? THe WG isnt stuck, the WGA operates perfectly (tested), and I dont have any boost or exhaust leaks. All of the vacuum lines are good and connected properly. OH! BTW, this doesnt seem to happen at partial throttle, just at WOT. Maybe my assumption about the WG opening/closing rapidly is wrong. Backpressure? O2 housing issue (I have a Megan)? Please Please help! Any input or ideas or thoughts would be appreciated!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm, I'd start over from scratch. Disconnect the EBC. Run a hose directly from the compressor discharge tube nipple to the port on the WGA. Take it for a spin with the actuator rod set where you have it(3-4 turns). Record a WOT boost reading in 4th or 5th gear. Report back with the boost reading. We'll go from there.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if you cant figure it out im in n.j. come on over tomorrow. i about 45 min from u i be leave. but it sounds like ebc not setup right or ur preload is off. or you have a boost leak and when u start to hit some good boost the leak leaks and there is ur fall off. idk though. eyes need to be on the car
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

Hmm, I'd start over from scratch. Disconnect the EBC. Run a hose directly from the compressor discharge tube nipple to the port on the WGA. Take it for a spin with the actuator rod set where you have it(3-4 turns). Record a WOT boost reading in 4th or 5th gear. Report back with the boost reading. We'll go from there.
Sparky, thanks! I'll post results in the AM!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

EvoDan, I just may do that!

What would be a good time? 1pm ish? Let me know! my AIM is the donkeex1
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tseitz123
EvoDan, I just may do that!

What would be a good time? 1pm ish? Let me know! my AIM is the donkeex1
says ur offline hit me up. evodan2008
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If it's not preload(too little I'd suspect), then drive over to EvoDan's and have him help you sort out the EBC settings. More than likely it's the EBC improperly setup.

But it's good to know what the preload is anyway. I'd guess that you've got it at about 13-14 PSI and you oughta get it up to about 17-18 PSI instead.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 09:14 AM
Account Disabled

Talking

UPDATE!!!

Issue fixed! Thanks for all of the suggestions! What is was, was the TBEC settings in ECUFlash (for those of you with the stock ECU). They were still set at their stock settings, as was Boost Desired Engine Load. Silly me! Just tested my theory and viola! FIXED!