Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

stock turbo 26PSI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock turbo 26PSI

im thinking i wanna retune to 25-26 psi on the stock turbo.. what other mods do you gusy think i should get to help this out

2005 evo 8 ssl, obviously has the 10.5 hotside
3" catless tbe
k&n intake
boost controller
fuel pump
tial bov

do you think i just need 770cc injectors?
if anyone else has these mods at this psi.. what kinda power you guys seeing?
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmaxxman21
im thinking i wanna retune to 25-26 psi on the stock turbo.. what other mods do you gusy think i should get to help this out

2005 evo 8 ssl, obviously has the 10.5 hotside
3" catless tbe
k&n intake
boost controller
fuel pump
tial bov

do you think i just need 770cc injectors?
if anyone else has these mods at this psi.. what kinda power you guys seeing?
You can run stock injectors if your willing to run meth. 27lbs of boost tapering easy with meth or alky. Without this not sure how safe that is?
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

if you have the k&n typhoon intake ditch that and that will help you out some. get a buschur or injen intake. get atleast a lower ic pipe, cams, meth inj. and you should put down some pretty consecutive numbers.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

dont forget some head studs while your at it unless youdont mind replacing head gaskets
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

haha yea i shouldve mentioned that. might as well replace the head gasket while your at it too. i did my head studs and put in the greddy 1.2mm hg while i had the head off.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

I've got a buschur intake, test pipe, and cat back with the stock downpipe. Kyle at DeiPro Tuning reflashed my ECU and I'm running 26psi with no other mods. I've been running this setup for 3-4 months now and I haven't had any problems. In fact the car drives and runs fantastic.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Oh and by the way, I'm hitting 26psi at about 4500rpm and holding all the way to redline with no taper.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooch
dont forget some head studs while your at it unless youdont mind replacing head gaskets
You need to stop helping people out. I have seen you say this so many times. Head studs are not needed and they are not insurance. Waste your own money and not other people's. You only hear things said by other members who are also wrong. Unless you have lifted a head then share. You cant so keep it to yourself. Not trying to sound like a dick but too many newbs repeating the same **** day in and day out. 10+ Evo's here running 32psi daily over years and have never lifted a head. You dont even have that.

Also when putting in the head studs, if you dont take the head off theres a very good chance that you will start leaking fluid or have a higher chance of lifting the head. When u do it with the head on you have to retorque then 2 or 3 times to garentee a good seal.

I looked at some of your other posts and was wondering if you work for ARP since you see to love to recommend headstuds to everyone.

Last edited by RevMoto; Feb 5, 2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

For the OP yes you can run that much but I would definitely run meth. Running that high of boost all you are doing is taking away timing to allow you to run that number. You wont gain much hp but you will a little more torque. It is not worth it on pump but if you are adding meth then definitely go the high boost route.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 209 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by th3_rEv8lution
Oh and by the way, I'm hitting 26psi at about 4500rpm and holding all the way to redline with no taper.
26psi to redline on the stock turbo? Interesting.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ill_take_one
26psi to redline on the stock turbo? Interesting.
Yup, I was just as surprised as you are, but just installed a boost gauge and thats whats it telling me. I'll try and take a video later today and post it up here.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by th3_rEv8lution
On what? 35r? Thread's about a stock turbo.
And if you're talking about a stocker you're full of BS. All 26 pounds of it.

No studs needed for stock turbo power levels.

To the OP:
You probably won't need bigger injectors with stock turbo, because it will taper to 19-20 psi by redline anyway. You do need to look at fuel though - better gas, E85 or alky is needed for higher boost.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mplspilot
On what? 35r? Thread's about a stock turbo.
And if you're talking about a stocker you're full of BS. All 26 pounds of it.

No studs needed for stock turbo power levels.

To the OP:
You probably won't need bigger injectors with stock turbo, because it will taper to 19-20 psi by redline anyway. You do need to look at fuel though - better gas, E85 or alky is needed for higher boost.
nope, i've got the stock 16g with 10.5 hotside. i'll get a video later. unless my boost gauge isnt reading right, i'm definately hitting and holding 26psi.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he is right about the headstuds for insurance, without doing that your cutting really close to the factory safety margin, infact your out of the saftey margin. if he knocks at high load running 26psi that headgasket will give away pretty quick. mitsu alreaady had 5psi safetly margin boost (to 25psi) so 26 is already over that.

Originally Posted by RevMoto
You need to stop helping people out. I have seen you say this so many times. Head studs are not needed and they are not insurance. Waste your own money and not other people's. You only hear things said by other members who are also wrong. Unless you have lifted a head then share. You cant so keep it to yourself. Not trying to sound like a dick but too many newbs repeating the same **** day in and day out. 10+ Evo's here running 32psi daily over years and have never lifted a head. You dont even have that.

Also when putting in the head studs, if you dont take the head off theres a very good chance that you will start leaking fluid or have a higher chance of lifting the head. When u do it with the head on you have to retorque then 2 or 3 times to garentee a good seal.

I looked at some of your other posts and was wondering if you work for ARP since you see to love to recommend headstuds to everyone.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

From: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by RevMoto

Well I know it's not the case with everyone but some guys I know have had their head lift off the block. but running 26psi wow gas must be cheap in NH I'm only running 1 bar I only turn the boost controller on track days or when a 335i thinks they have a chance.

Quick Reply: stock turbo 26PSI