Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay IC Piping vs ETS IC Piping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay IC Piping vs ETS IC Piping

I plan to hook either 1 to an AMS intercooler, but which 1 is better or shorter piping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-I...spagenameZWDVW

vs

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

other question is what is better to go with 3" piping or 2.5" piping?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the ets piping is made for the evo. you can order it to fit the stock battery or you can get the mini battery piping kit which requires you to run a mini battery but it runs the piping shorter.

the ebay link you provided is just a bunch of u bends and 90 degree bends. you will have to cut and weld and make your own piping with the ebay kit. but that is a good way to save a lot of money.

persionally on all my past boosted cars i have always bought aluminum bends on ebay to make my own piping. you can make your own ic piping for well under $100 with couplers and t bolt clamps. or you can pay 4 times the amount to buy premade stuff. your can choose

Last edited by riceball777; Feb 5, 2008 at 01:02 PM.
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, one is for an Evo and one is a universal kit. Your intercooler will really determine if you should run 3" or 2.5" ... you probably won't see a difference between the two if your IC has 2.5" inlet and outlet since that will create more restriction in the 3" pipe.

BTW, ETS makes nice products ... I'd say that's your best choice. There is absolutely nothing better about the eBay kit aside from price.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shot of Boost
I plan to hook either 1 to an AMS intercooler, but which 1 is better or shorter piping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-I...spagenameZWDVW

vs

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

other question is what is better to go with 3" piping or 2.5" piping?
2.5" is fine.....

Well the big difference is the ebay one is universal and you will have to cut and fit and either have someone weld it or go total overkill on couplers which will cause you more headaches.

The ets is bolt-on......

not much more I can say?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

The ETS stuff is of better quality, but in the end it is just piping, meaning the gains will probably be the same. Oh and you can get the piping pre-made for your EVO on eBay so you don't have to DIY, which is what you will have to do if you get that kit.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

ok umm, that ebay piping you listed was universal, thats how come the title says sabb, a6, 1.8t, evo mr. why would you even consider the ebay unit when it isn't meant for your car. The ets unit is only ment for the EVO. Fitment is great. So if ur seriously trying to inquire which to buy you should sell your car!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Shot of Boost,
The guys have pretty much covered it (thanks everyone!). As mentioned, our piping is designed as a completely pain free 100% bolt-on installation where you'd need to design and fabricate your own piping with the universal bends supplied in the other link posted. It is up to you to decide if the amount of time, skill and equipment necessary to build the product with some items (silicone and clamps) being significantly inferior components. Everyone likes to save money including myself, but with all these factors considered we feel that our piping kits are an absolute steal

Tom