Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Promised Pix of Ebay manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2008, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
Wonder why the runners are placed differently between the two manifolds. The ramhorn is so simple. Always wondered how they chose which runners went where but firing order might be the reason for that. They are both different.
Actually the manifold on the right(honda one) isnt even twin scroll, its just for show the two gates.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
Actually the manifold on the right(honda one) isnt even twin scroll, its just for show the two gates.
OK. I am not too knowledgeable on the design of the twin scroll so I had to ask.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
Ive seen it happen, along with the fake tial gates
y0 ya'll! i wuz hittin teh vteck y0 and muh car got really loud and all, i dun pulled mah **** over and muh XS powa wastegate was missin and mah turbo was wedged between muh motar mount and frame y0

ps...that was actually very hard to type out

Last edited by TiALSport; Feb 6, 2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

lmfao
Old Feb 6, 2008, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Most of these manifolds crack at the welds because the piping thickness is way too thin.

Good luck with it.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

well 90% of you im sure are just repeating what you've seen / heard a million times lol. but im sure the reason they crack is because they are not using the proper welding materials to weld the pipes.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

what are you going to use^^ to re-weld it?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kaonashi
well 90% of you im sure are just repeating what you've seen / heard a million times lol. but im sure the reason they crack is because they are not using the proper welding materials to weld the pipes.
Personal experience and knowledge from direct experience with manufacturers overseas
Old Feb 6, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, so we are all pretty sure this is going to have some problems sooner or later, or if it does not, then the work required to avoid the problems/total failure is beyond the scope of a more expensive mani....
The questions is: Is is possible to actually machine, port, and brace these POS so that they won't fail even under hard use? We should all stay tuned and attentive to EvoTech's manifold, as he did ridiculous amounts of work to one of these to try to do exactly this. Time will tell... and hopefully so will he, as he has all the equipment to fab one of these from scratch...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

You can brace, weld, and reweld as much as you or I wants to if its going to break its going to break. weather its a 1000$ manifold or a 100$ one if it has a weakpoint over time it will break exspecially around the watery places that have more salt in the air.

Its not very expensive to fix this thing to make it useable but are you willing to deal with the problems a year to come down the road is what you have to ask.

mine basically doesnt even the point inside the collector anymore because i copped it off, I'd rather have no collector then one that could break into pieces and destory my turbo.

Last edited by kaonashi; Feb 7, 2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaonashi
mine basically doesnt even the point inside the collector anymore because i copped it off, I'd rather have no collector then one that could break into pieces and destory my turbo.
How did you get it cut off? I tried a few times with a few different tools, but couldnt get it off. Smart idea by the way.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sabastian458
How did you get it cut off? I tried a few times with a few different tools, but couldnt get it off. Smart idea by the way.
drimel with a nice little accesory for it that makes it like a pen and i used a cutting wheel bit and just choped it off lol
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

This is the same stuff people said when i bought my magen racing dp test and cat back 3 years ago. and guess what not one issue since. And they are now an accepted name brand. Not all ebay items are automaticly crap. That being said you do have to be careful.

Maybe someone who has used this product could chime in and give a review / update
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

EvoTech has used it and is still using it heh
Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

On this particular manifold, when searched thru google and other engines, you will come up with a few horror stories. I think there is even 1-2 members on here that have had major issues out of this manifold, and a LOT more issues out of the manufacture (ssautochrome) Granted if a person took the time to address all the issues with the manifold, it may last a good while.

Quick Reply: Promised Pix of Ebay manifold