Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Promised Pix of Ebay manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh i can tell you about a million things wrong with it but that doesnt change the fact that its cheap **** lol

It would be good to use and replace ever year or even less depending on the conditions.

here's my list of dealing with "SSautochrome"

1 flanges on this where atleast 1/4-3/8's of an inch off from side to side

2 Holes where not cleaned well and acutally needed to be larger.

3 Tubes needed cleaning

4 Need's a new wastegate flange

5 metals pretty thin so it almost begs for some sort of support

6 the big RINGER............ The actual pipes are welded with different materials all over so it all reality the same guy probably didnt weld this thing and was probably passed down a assembly line.

Last edited by kaonashi; Feb 7, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohio-evo
This is the same stuff people said when i bought my magen racing dp test and cat back 3 years ago. and guess what not one issue since. And they are now an accepted name brand. Not all ebay items are automaticly crap. That being said you do have to be careful.

Maybe someone who has used this product could chime in and give a review / update
A TBE is not subject to as many and as extreme failure-inducing factors as a turbo manifold and is much simpler to produce properly. As it was said by two of us already, EvoTech is currently running one and making pretty good numbers.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Like he said the d/p and exhaust is either A going to rust or B not going to rust either way it cant destroy your car as much as a manifold thats faulty can.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to have Ebay TBE, for about 2 years not a single problem, and ebay manifold for over a year! no cracks!, guess what i changed my catback to helix both hangers broke after 3 months of using it. Manifold was on my 20g, now someone else will use it, since im running a different setup now.

I see no point in this thread, i mean if you want to buy it? go ahead If not ? stay away from it.

sorry but im just sick of ebay part threads

Originally Posted by ohio-evo
This is the same stuff people said when i bought my magen racing dp test and cat back 3 years ago. and guess what not one issue since. And they are now an accepted name brand. Not all ebay items are automaticly crap. That being said you do have to be careful.

Maybe someone who has used this product could chime in and give a review / update
Old Feb 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

I didnt make this thread to be a giant discussion. I just posted the picture people keep asking me about "how did you fix it" so there it is, its fixed probably not going to get any better. I'll even sell it if someone wants it.

The only things I have not fixed is changing "ALL" the welds to a proper material, but to do this id have to find out the exsact type of metal this piping is. I used 304 to try to weld the tial flange on and about 30 sec's after it set geuss what POP fell off. I ended up usings 316 to get it to hold, and if anyone on here's a welder then they know the 304 should have held if this was 321 like they said it was.

Last edited by kaonashi; Feb 7, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was not implying that a TBE is subjected to the same streses as a manafold. I was simply stating that not all ebay items are bad because they come from ebay as many on this site would have you believe.

I was trying to say be carefull. And try to do some reasearch before you make the purchese.

Best of luck on finding a good manafold.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He isnt talking about a factory replacement Ebay manifold. Those are "ok" and have lasted a good while.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sabastian458
He isnt talking about a factory replacement Ebay manifold. Those are "ok" and have lasted a good while.
Ive had a "megan fake" and it was terrible too lol. but atleast the metal was a bit thicker and welds were all the same material