Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RRE X Clutch Or Exedy Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRE X Clutch Or Exedy Stage 2

Cant make up my mind what I want to do for a clutch. My car is stock turbo and eventually will be upgraded to a green or a 50 trim. So it wont see more than 425 whp for my entire time of owning the vehicle.... More than likely will be around 370whp for the life of a clutch

I have 45k on a stock 03 clutch original clutch! It doesn't have much life left, it releases extremely late but yet isnt slipping yet...

I have a warrantyon the drivetrain until 75k miles so Im considering the RRE X or RRE no name clutch, w.e you want to call it because of the fact it looks stock and can get away with it.

Is it a good clutch, Idk ive heard mixed reviews. I like the reviews foran exedy stg 2 but my already****ty warranty would be shot...

I wont consider an Act clutch due to having alot of issues with thecompany in the past

What do you guys suggest I do
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldnt use the RRE clutch, we had acouple local people use it and it didnt last very long.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

was that with tracking??... I forgot to mention i dont track the car, maybe 10-15 launches a year from a "private Road"..... i hope to take it to thedrag strip forone or two runs thisyear... just mostly spirited driving
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spooch
was that with tracking??... I forgot to mention i dont track the car, maybe 10-15 launches a year from a "private Road"..... i hope to take it to thedrag strip forone or two runs thisyear... just mostly spirited driving
No real tracking on them.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

hmm i guesss the rre isnt the best choice, pm me what you suggest price shipped to ct
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spooch
Cant make up my mind what I want to do for a clutch. My car is stock turbo and eventually will be upgraded to a green or a 50 trim. So it wont see more than 425 whp for my entire time of owning the vehicle.... More than likely will be around 370whp for the life of a clutch

I have 45k on a stock 03 clutch original clutch! It doesn't have much life left, it releases extremely late but yet isnt slipping yet...

I have a warrantyon the drivetrain until 75k miles so Im considering the RRE X or RRE no name clutch, w.e you want to call it because of the fact it looks stock and can get away with it.

Is it a good clutch, Idk ive heard mixed reviews. I like the reviews foran exedy stg 2 but my already****ty warranty would be shot...

I wont consider an Act clutch due to having alot of issues with thecompany in the past

What do you guys suggest I do

Adjust your clutch rod......... if its not slipping & you dont drive that hard it probably still has life left. mine showed similar symptoms & when i removed it @ 47k or so there was roughly 30-40% wear surface still left....though my Pres plate & flywheel were toast from the larger turbo, if i had still been around stock power levels i believe it would have lasted to 80k ......
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

I ran the RRE X clutch in mine with no problems. That was with 2 seasons @ the track (drag strip). Depends on how you drive. It worked out good for me.