Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What is the deal with Full Races Twin Scroll?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
do you realize the issues i had. 1 issue was something to do with the full race kit. i needed an anti surge cover. all the other issues where not full race or full race kit involved. i had a list of problems or should i say things that needed to be fixed/changed. nothing to do with the kit..

the car is being tuned now. i been driving it everyday. and very hard. im a busy person and do have a job. dyno results are not long away. so befor you think the kit is junk or whatever your thoughts are i would not jump the gun.

did you get a chance to get it tuned? how's the surge? got any dyno results?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
did you get a chance to get it tuned? how's the surge? got any dyno results?
no surge ken..it pull like a **** and still on a flash...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by DTM
My issue is I would like to know why people continue to claim that (hypothetically if there were such A/Rs) a .63 A/R of a standard open volute would mean that an equivalent would be 1.01 for example.
The important difference to note about TS and single scroll turbine housings is that for the same A/R, the TS is a slightly
more restrictive turbine housing. Hence on the TS to make up for this, they usually use/recommend a larger A/R.

The reason why it is more restrictive is this;

On a TS every exhaust pulse only travels down one scroll of the available two (on a properly setup TS anyways). A/R is area/radius, and since each scroll on a TS has only half the 'area' but maintains the same radius, we get a halving of the quoted A/R. so effectively each exhaust pulse only sees .315 A/R as it runs through the turbine housing.

On the other hand exhaust pulses on a single scroll housing see the full quoted A/R, and hence each exhaust pulse has a larger/'higher flowing' area to accomodate it.

you cant really say they are equivalent (ie .63 TS to a 1.01 single) because they have different dynamics, but i think what people are trying to say is they have similiar overall flow capabilities.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People get so focused on a peak numbers and it's everywhere else that a TS really kicks a$$... throttle response, boost threshold, power curve, etc... A larger turbine housing is certainly ideal on a TS, but like mokompri stated above, there are different dynamics between TS/Single Scroll which facilitates different component requirements!
Old May 20, 2008, 07:47 AM

This calls for a Video!!
Old May 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 500hpOnPumpEvo
This calls for a Video!!

Old May 20, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
im soon getting a retune after i add this pile of parts i have sitting here.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Garrett is currently working on a variety of different sized AR twin scroll housings for all the GT series turbos. This should allow all the twin scroll set ups out there to be matched for what ever the final user would like (spool vs. top end)
Old Jun 22, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think there are better options than full-race...quality...but overpriced if you ask me. i believe peakboost is coming out with one soon

Last edited by Babs; Jun 22, 2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
full race parts are not cheep by any means however you must remember you get what you pay for. I have ran a full race manifold on my Nissan for years and LOVE it! it was hard to fork over the cash but I know I will never need to worry about my manifold again (the only life time warranty I have seen)
I have looked into peak boost in the past and noticed there manifolds seem to be (for lack of a better term) knock off full race parts with lower quality standards. I don't mean to dog on peak boost I would just half to say it is not up to par.