Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Got more parts today to complete my 10sec street car project

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks llike the FEDEX guy knew he was going to bust-a-nut on that tranny lol
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
done
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
vin you need to remove it, keeping it in there will make your clutch wear out faster because it slips the clutch to make it easier on your drivetrain parts...
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

help here>> https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=327938
Old Mar 26, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:Got some delays...anyway I will be installing the kit pretty soon as soon as my injectors arrive!(FIC 1050cc) Everything is installed but the turbo...

Question:
Is there specific length size or diameter size of the dump tube?(tial 44mm WG)
I was thinking of making a different tube and re-route in on the side of the bumper...(it will be longer and about 2.5inch diameter.) Will it affect the performance or something?

Also I was thinking of porting the cast manifold to match the gasket. Is it good/bad idea?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin
UPDATE:Got some delays...anyway I will be installing the kit pretty soon as soon as my injectors arrive!(FIC 1050cc) Everything is installed but the turbo...

Question:
I was thinking of making a different tube and re-route in on the side of the bumper...(it will be longer and about 2.5inch diameter.) Will it affect the performance or something?

Also I was thinking of porting the cast manifold to match the gasket. Is it good/bad idea?
Don't think porting could hurt, but 2.5" diameter for the dump seems unnecessary, the one I have for my 38mm is 1". I could be wrong though.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Does it really matter the size? It is dump to atmosphere anyway?
Originally Posted by bosox28
Don't think porting could hurt, but 2.5" diameter for the dump seems unnecessary, the one I have for my 38mm is 1". I could be wrong though.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

After all the frustration and disappointments...I got the Tranny and T-case back from Shep today.( After 4 weeks! )

I bought the HTA35R on Dec.14 I was ready to install it just need to buy injectors when my Tcase started to leak and my Tranny started to grind and can't shift to 5th gear which I didn't care at all since Im installing a new clutch(Exedy Twin HD) and it will be one time labor fee.

So I then go ahead and send my Tcase/tranny to Shep. After 5 days Shep called me and said" Vin your T-case is ready where's the Tranny??" I got shock when he said that!!! So I called FEDEX and found that it got lost and they will just give me 100 bucks coz I didn't insure it
so I called FEDEX again and told what happened and they blamed on me they said I didn't pack it good!

After 7 days Shep called me and said that Fedex Called and they found a box with a ripped label with their name on it and said that it will be delivered on Monday(which is after 3 days) When Shep received it he emailed me and said that the Tranny is damged! Fedex cracked the housing and other stuff of the tranny! Until now I haven't got the 100 bucks.

This is why I was thinking of selling my HTA35R because I paid more than I expected to rebuilt my Tranny! Now I just want to keep it and install it after I broke everything in. I still need 1000cc injectors and Buschur double pumper.

I'd like to thank JOHN SHEPHERD for his never ending support and help me to get my Tranny back into one piece! I was gonna buy a new one but he never gave up on me in fact my Tranny is way much stronger than a new one.
I could have bought AEM EMS and JUN CAMS but because of the damaged I just have to wait for now.

Thanks to Fighter's Garage! ww.fighter's-garage.com

Thanks to Carlos of SCtuned.com for giving me the best price for the clutch and Hawk pads.

Thanks to Buschur(Jarod, Nick and David) for answering my PM's and making my Nice piece of Art BUSCHUR HTA35R here!!!

Here's some pictures as you can see its dated just incase FEDEX Damaged it I have a proof!

Dude im loving that last photo. Its my wallpaper now.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

haha! Just Photoshop the date.
Originally Posted by blackdemon
Dude im loving that last photo. Its my wallpaper now.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Bad luck on the tranny. Shep is a great company to deal with !
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

maybe you should have read the horror that people have gone through... espically sending to TRE for some reason... jon said that they've broken enough transmissions to put him out of business... but insurance kept him in.

transmission is the 1 thing that you HAVE to insure if sending.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

??

Question:

Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Vin...
i got the same setup as you in the builds..
i got the double pumper from buschur..and let me tell you..it is a piece of art!!
i also got my 1000cc injectors from buschur..
basically everything on my car are buschur parts...i/c, dp, intercooler pipes,
i am planning to run 30psi on pump...on stock ecu..just like mellon..
i would leave the cast mani alone..i think if porting was good...david buschur would have done it in the first place..

however..regarding the dump tube from the side of the bumper..i was thinking about that...i dont know though if i am going to do it..
would it hurt if i left it the way it is hanging inside the engine bay?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
If you have our cast manifold (and it sounded like you do) absolutely DO NOT port it to match the stock gasket. The manifold is cast to match the head port size.

Didn't you get a dump tube with your turbo kit? If so if you want to change it for whatever reason leave the tubing diameter the same or larger but do not go smaller.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks David! I will leave the manifold alone!
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

I heard form people running open dump tube just like the style I got creates a big dirty mess in the engine bay. They said its hard to keep the engine bay clean, after making several boost runs the bay can get very dirty just from the waste gate blowing all sorts of **** up into the bay. That is why Im thinking of re-routing it somewhere.
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Didn't you get a dump tube with your turbo kit? If so if you want to change it for whatever reason leave the tubing diameter the same or larger but do not go smaller.

Quick Reply: Got more parts today to complete my 10sec street car project