Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

tuning questions, just a few

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so with a hks hi power exhaust and the other stuff i have, witch dp and high flow cat would you recomend. to pass smog. or does it matter. like what would keep my car quiet and make the most power
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by landis507
so with a hks hi power exhaust and the other stuff i have, witch dp and high flow cat would you recomend. to pass smog. or does it matter. like what would keep my car quiet and make the most power
Well you picked the wrong cat back to be quiet.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot about a MBC. Get a hallman. They are very consistant compared to other MBC's. You will pass emissions if you keep a cat on your car. It will pass with or without cams. Also cams will not harm your motor in anyway. Most people on this site are cammed. they are one of the best bang for the bucks you can do to your car.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

what do you mean, the wrong catback, its the quietest icould find
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
I forgot about a MBC. Get a hallman. They are very consistant compared to other MBC's. You will pass emissions if you keep a cat on your car. It will pass with or without cams. Also cams will not harm your motor in anyway. Most people on this site are cammed. they are one of the best bang for the bucks you can do to your car.
+1
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markymark1082
Well you picked the wrong cat back to be quiet.
I think mine is too quiet. LOL but that is me.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

so with the stuff i have, can you give me a list of stuff to have cams, with like full names like down pipe not dp yu guy talked me into it. but i only want to go with hks 272s i heard they give some good torqe)
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

so with the stuff i have, can you give me a list of stuff to have cams, with like full names like down pipe not dp yu guy talked me into it. but i only want to go with hks 272s i heard they give some good torqe)
HKS is just a company. Yes they make good power but the S1's make better power. I am friends with 4 Wheel Slide the tuner and I am with him on most tunes. Driven and compared a lot of them. Do a little search on both cams. You will find it easy to make that decision. Don't ask people with the cams due to they will all tell you that those cams are the best. They are gonna tell you that because that is all they have driven. I have driven too many evo's for me to count.

Also Any 3 inch downpipe will work. Megan is cheap and good quality.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

so can you give me a list, if i get s1 cams(dont realy no what those are, im not very fimilair with all this cams and stuff) and megan down pipe, and what cat. thanks man
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

so i looked at some dps and stuff. i think there was 2 different megan ones that i found. socan i get a list from someone. with like specific numbers or exactly what its calld to put cams in my car with the stuff i already have.i would reay apriciate it. thanks alot.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

so can you give me a list, if i get s1 cams(dont realy no what those are, im not very fimilair with all this cams and stuff) and megan down pipe, and what cat. thanks man
GSC S1 cams are what you want. I am not too big on the types of cats but buschur probably has them.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:09 PM

GSC S1 Cams are the way to go and APS makes a nice Hi Flow Cat
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

k so with the stuff i have, and the gsc s1 cams and thats it or what else would i need. like a dp and and a cat. if so witch dp and cat. that will work with the stuff i have already and will run good, like i want a smooth idle and rev up. thanks
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys, im going to try and make this realy easy. what do i NEED to have cams in my evo 8 with the stuff i have and the same question for an evo 9. with all the same stuff cause my friend is a f'ing copy cat(but hes getting a different bov)(and my car is faster anyways) but what do we need to have cams, including everyting but the stuff i have, like down pipe, highflow cat. gsc s1 cams.(what cams for an evo 9 too, gsc s2 or what?) and what else and what cat and dp. thanks alot
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys, im going to try and make this realy easy. what do i NEED to have cams in my evo 8 with the stuff i have and the same question for an evo 9. with all the same stuff cause my friend is a f'ing copy cat(but hes getting a different bov)(and my car is faster anyways) but what do we need to have cams, including everyting but the stuff i have, like down pipe, highflow cat. gsc s1 cams.(what cams for an evo 9 too, gsc s2 or what?) and what else and what cat and dp. thanks alot
You dont need anything else besides the cams for a cam install? But like others have mentioned, it depends on your goals. If your going to stay on the stock turbo, get the hks 272's.
Get any downpipe you want. Helix and megan are cheap in price. Id throw on an 02 housing if your going to run a test pipe too.

Quick Reply: tuning questions, just a few