Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
There will be a rematch round 2 gonna make sure nothing goes wrong with the car this time going through the entire car making sure this wont happend again
Old Feb 22, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That's what a great shop does, doesn't leave you hanging in the air like other known shops I don't want to shout out

Car is at ICS being looked over to see what's going on.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 07:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vwjeff
Sorry Eric but that car should have been ready for whatever was thrown at it the second that car left your shop... PEROID

I still love the Sharks car, it is a IX with GREAT #'s
The car ran great when it was here. Steve beat on it the whole way home. The car even made 700whp on the dyno right before the race. The car was ready it just developed some problems. these things happen.

Steve's car gave us no problems for the entire week before he picked it up. Even up until a few days ago it was all great. This isn't a simple stage 3 Evo, This car is a monster and when you make this much HP things happen. I have been talking to Steve and ICS trying to get the issues Steve is going through resolved. We are not perfect and certainly not without fault but if something happened to his car as a result of something we did you can rest assured we are going to take care of it. If we have to drive out there and pick it up and bring it back here we will take care of it. There is allot of mud being slung in here and I just really don't see the need for it, its not like we are hanging him out to dry. We are doing EVERYTHING in our power to get Steve up and running as fast as possible. Its not hard to make HP in an EVO. It takes allot to stand behind your work.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Feb 22, 2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great work from BR!

So with that HTA35R setup...Is it good fpr daily use ?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FreakEVO
Great work from BR!

Its a very good daily use turbo since it spools faster then the old gt35r. This means more street use fun.

And as you see bad bish has drove i would say 2000 or more miles in a short time and nothing wrong.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FreakEVO
Great work from BR!

The turbo kit on the car is a Buschur off the shelf turbo kit that they sell.Yes you can drive everyday on it.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Are going to start making 3 in IC Pipe now to fit 3in TB?

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The basics of the car are the same as my RS. Here is quick, uncomplete run down of what is on this car:

BR Stage 3, 2 liter
BR Stage 3 head
BF272 cams, stock cam gears
BR Race FMIC (3" outlet)
BR coil on plug (the one with the same material the factory uses to cover the wires)
BR HTA35r turbo kit, .82 housing, 3" 02 housing
AEM EMS, tuned by David Buschur
BR double pumper
Driven Innovations intake manifold, 3" throttle body, 3" upper i/c pipe
1200 cc injectors, factory fuel lines, factory FPR

That should do it for the majority. Any questions, just ask.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been out for a while, catching up on some threads.... looks like another great result from David and crew. Another solid result from proven parts.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin
Are going to start making 3 in IC Pipe now to fit 3in TB?
Glad you brought up this,When I had met Tom from Driven Inovations in Jersey he was looking at my car and said we are going to remove the 2-1/2 inch outlet on the intercooler and install a 3 inch outlet on it.
Then a 3' inch upper pipe to a 75 mm T/B,to the new Intake manifold.
What really surprised me was that he stated (Tom) that the spool up is going to beat the stock intake manifold and piping.
So at that point I was like ok now I'm really thinking is this guy for real???
Well he also said the gains will be huge!!! Man was he right I still can't believe how the results turned out!!
As far as how the car performs is simply amazing!! David Buschur and I were on the dyno and he just looks over at me with a smile on his face,got out as Trent walked up and he said 584 PUMP!
Then we compared the charts and Dave was stunned! Peter look at this spool up it's beating the stock intake manifold!
So if anyone is in the game for an upgrade this Driven Innovations manifold will beat stock spoolup and produce more HP and TRQ across the board,if you want a second opinion on how my car drives just ask SharkBite for he is the only one who has driven my car.
His only reply to me was yo this thing pulls like a ZX-14,and never lets go!!!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

U2SLO, I'm jealous that you got yours before we got ours. The day DB tested it, I told him I wanted one. Still waiting for it to come in and you've already got yours on, dyno'd and 'tested'. I've got to get it soon before next track event in March. Really glad you've been able to prove the results not only on the dyno, but also in 'normal daily driving'.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
9sec9, Peter got his directly from DI's and I think he got it quickly for "testing" purposes on the East coast. I actually ordered 3 intakes from DI for you and two other guys who requested them, not sure why it is taking so long. Sorry.

Tomorrow I am coming into the shop to build the new header for my RS. When it's done and back on I plan to re-dyno the car. I will be testing a new design for the Race FMIC and then testing the difference between a 2.5" upper i/c pipe and a 3" upper i/c pipe. IF I find the 3" upper pipe helps we will produce 3" upper i/c pipes. We currently will put 3" inlet/outlets on our FMIC's for no extra charge, we've always done that.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

It's interesting that Dave's test showed loss in torque and spool with the DI manifold, yet Pete's didn't. Only real difference is Dave's tests were against the stock intake and TB and Pete was moving from the ported stockers. Than and Pete went to 3" on the UICP so I wonder what the scoop is ultimately.

What is crazy is on the MLR Simon Norris said on a particular customer car he gained 1000 rpm in spool from moving to the JUN inlet. I'm not sure what was on the car before that but it's just crazy to think in some cases the right inet for the application versus the wrong one can mean a lot.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
U2SLO, I'm jealous that you got yours before we got ours. The day DB tested it, I told him I wanted one. Still waiting for it to come in and you've already got yours on, dyno'd and 'tested'. I've got to get it soon before next track event in March. Really glad you've been able to prove the results not only on the dyno, but also in 'normal daily driving'.
Yes it was crazy!! Tom is amazing,he was showing me the manifold's right there as I was watching Mike weld up mine!!,also different ones for certain applications of what your goals are for.I believe this Intake Manifold he has made for (us) as you will see is perfect.
I mean I'm getting 30+mpg on the highway and an unbeatable spoolup and power gains that are insane!!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
9sec9, Peter got his directly from DI's and I think he got it quickly for "testing" purposes on the East coast. I actually ordered 3 intakes from DI for you and two other guys who requested them, not sure why it is taking so long. Sorry.

..... IF I find the 3" upper pipe helps we will produce 3" upper i/c pipes. We currently will put 3" inlet/outlets on our FMIC's for no extra charge, we've always done that.
DB, I knew that, but I figured you needed some drama. It's been at least 48 hours or more since you've had any. You know me, if the 3" works out, what about the TB? Then, we're still running the Deluxe and yada, yada, yada, you know my routine.
Have a good weekend.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by U2SLO
Yes it was crazy!! Tom is amazing,he was showing me the manifold's right there as I was watching Mike weld up mine!!,also different ones for certain applications of what your goals are for.I believe this Intake Manifold he has made for (us) as you will see is perfect.
I mean I'm getting 30+mpg on the highway and an unbeatable spoolup and power gains that are insane!!
Thanks for the info... What's 30+mpg??!??? How much does that make it 1/4mi at a time? Good job. Like I said, I'm jealous. I talked to Tom about our goals and what would work for us. Can't wait to put it in action down here. You've got snow up there, send me yours and I'll be glad to babysit it. You have a good weekend too.

Quick Reply: Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations