Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warp9
I just wonder how many more tuners on these boards will follow in DB's footsteps and try their prowess with pump gas magic. I assume the GOOD ones will.
This is my first effort at pump gas power - in all honesty - I would never do with a customer's car and don't know how long the motor would last on the road or at the track

I wanted to haved some fun as I was breaking in the new motor and now I am going to pour in C 16 and push the boost some more

Thanks To Buschur Racing for a great engine - great parts and for inspiration to push my pump gas aspirations

Here is what happened - I was breaking my new Evo set up it in with some pump gas 93 octane and figured WTF I would try and see how much power it could make before it started to knock badly. I put the knock sensor settings on very tight for at least some protection.

I was shocked to make 788 with ease at just touching 40 psi

The spark plugs looked good with no signs of detonation.

This sheet is compared to my old engine with a smaller turbo wheel and back housing at 54 psi

Thanks again to David Buschur For a great engine and for the inspiration to make big power on p[ump gas!

My pump gas tuning is now over on my own evo - at $10 a gallon or so C16 is cheap insurance
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
This is my first effort at pump gas power - in all honesty - I would never do with a customer's car and don't know how long the motor would last on the road or at the track

I wanted to haved some fun as I was breaking in the new motor and now I am going to pour in C 16 and push the boost some more

Thanks To Buschur Racing for a great engine - great parts and for inspiration to push my pump gas aspirations

Here is what happened - I was breaking my new Evo set up it in with some pump gas 93 octane and figured WTF I would try and see how much power it could make before it started to knock badly. I put the knock sensor settings on very tight for at least some protection.

This sheet is compared to my old engine with a smaller turbo wheel and back housing at 54 psi

Thanks again to David Buschur For a great engine and for the inspiration to make big power on p[ump gas!

My pump gas tuning is now over on my own evo - at $10 a gallon or so C16 is cheap insurance

Al thats nuts. 40psi on pump!!
I guess you have the pump gas record though
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

CONGRATS AL! Looks like you are not playing around this year bro! F*ck the haters bro! Keep up the good work bro! Take care bro!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Al thats nuts. 40psi on pump!!
I guess you have the pump gas record though
To me its just a dyno queen number - means nothing in the real world.

When you realize that BAD BISH is running around on 30 psi daily on pump gas and making over 600 whp with ease and driving to Ohio and back and keeps on running that is impressive.

My pull was just one dyno pull on a car which is ready to grenade like a bomb.

Al
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al, What RPM were you spooled by?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Illrunya
Im looking forward to these developments with the EVO 9 since I have one. I hope to see you work your magic on a 9 on pump gas soon DB!!!!
you and me both. Having Mivec and what some say a better combustion chamber, power should be higher
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

When you realize that BAD BISH is running around on 30 psi daily on pump gas and making over 600 whp with ease and driving to Ohio and back and keeps on running that is impressive.

Al
Word dude. That is some serious numbers though! Too bad it is not a safe tune ):
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

OMG Al that is sooooo cool

video bro?

Last edited by vwjeff; Feb 25, 2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Al
I agree, the bad bish car is unreal.
making reliable 600+whp on 93 pump is a great feat.

Its interesting though that you cold still pull a run of 40psi on pump. obviously very dangerous though.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff

video bro?
+1111111111111111111111
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if I missed it or not but have you done the test between the 2.5 vs 3 inch ic pipe yet? what's the result?

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
9sec9, Peter got his directly from DI's and I think he got it quickly for "testing" purposes on the East coast. I actually ordered 3 intakes from DI for you and two other guys who requested them, not sure why it is taking so long. Sorry.

Tomorrow I am coming into the shop to build the new header for my RS. When it's done and back on I plan to re-dyno the car. I will be testing a new design for the Race FMIC and then testing the difference between a 2.5" upper i/c pipe and a 3" upper i/c pipe. IF I find the 3" upper pipe helps we will produce 3" upper i/c pipes. We currently will put 3" inlet/outlets on our FMIC's for no extra charge, we've always done that.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Al go race Bad Bish on camera on pump gas.

He would hose you.

Scorke
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
mike at battleground, you are incorrect about the compression and so is your Honda friend. The EVO comes with 8.8:1 compression ratio. The EVO engines we build are at a minimum 8.8:1 compression.
David/Pete...what compression are you guys running in your daily 9RS and pete's car?

thanks
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Al go race Bad Bish on camera on pump gas.

He would hose you.

Scorke
this is how we settle it bro, dynoqueens are dyno queens bro....we bring it to the streets bro...

i like this guy big ghetto AL
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by vwjeff

video bro?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAHE0Pu6Es

Quick Reply: Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations