Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ifarted2
Al you mean the 76 mm wheel machined to fit the 42r cover? what size twin scroll housing?
Since I did not discuss the size of the wheel you would not know which size it is - e.g. 72mm; 74mm; 76mm; 78mm; or 80mm
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Al you mean the 76 mm wheel machined to fit the 42r cover? what size twin scroll housing?
If you look here David i had a question mark on the end...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mike1023
How about weight Mr. Al, are you not taking more weight out of the thing? If you say you felt giant waste of time as I have no interest to run pump gas ever in this car. Why dont you just go all out this year. Light as you can make it and go as fast as you can. try and go just as fast or faster then BR Drag Car.
Well - this is all up in the air right now

my first goal was to save the funds to upgrade the fuel system - service the clutch - injectors and all the other odds and ends and get the car running and tuned with the new set up

Then

I have to decide IF I want to re-configure the car yet again for the new Nopi/NHRA rules and run it in those races - still trying to find a sponsor to cover gas, hotels and entry fees

If not I then have to wait to see what the rules are in the Etown WRX vs EVO series

Then I have to make a decision on what to do with the car

For now - its fun to have the fastest, quickest and badest street car in Connecticut

Al
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
keep up the good work, and keep us informed.

sounds like you are keeping your customers above your fun time, which is very commendable. when you get the time, well be looking foward to some of your youtube videos
The reality of this business is that we work nearly 14 - 16 hour work days 7 days and week - when we run out of customer cars to do that is when I get to play with my car a bit

Considering that my boss is the most car crazy guy around and is modfiying an 2008 STI and a 2008 Evo X and that his cars get also tuned before mine - its hard to find time to work on my car

At least I love my work so its all fun !
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mike1023
I was thinking Al went with the gt45 this year.
Not yet
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
AL you use jun cams right????
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by crcain
I just find it odd that a tuner would ever bother with a "glory" pull just to put up a number, and it seemed stranger to me to post about it. Just my opinon. I appreciate your replies back to me.

Regarding my track records and videos, if this is how you judge the merit of peoples feedback, I don't think you are much of an Evo enthusiast.
When it comes to a subject - whether it be rock climbing, poker or making lots of pump gas power on a 2.0 L - I like to know the qualifications of anyone who offers an opinion.

For example, when David Buschur asserts his opinion on a Evo motor subjet it is about the most authoritative opinion on the subject that can be obtained and one which I would accept at face value unless and until it is proven otherwise.

Thus, when you question my ability to tune my customers cars based upon my lack of confidence in making nearly 800 whp on pump gas I have to ask what your qualifications and experience is on the subject in forming your opinion.

The bottom line is when I am confident I will say "no problem bro." When I am concerned the rod may be headed through the block at any time that is when I say - "I am not so sure about this."

I remember way back when I first started playing with NOS - I asked a tech expert at NOS - "How much power can my engine handle before it blows up?" His answer was that he "Had no idea and the most useful way to discover the answer would be to keep increasing the NOS shot until the engine blew up if I was curious to find out."

I have no interest to refine the art of 2.0 L 800 plus whp pump gas tuning and sit and listen with det cans as the motor starts to knock.

I point out that the Sharkbite fully built AMS Evo with Gt37r turbo was tuned to 420 whp on our dyno with 23.7 psi of boost - that seems like a safe pump gas power level to me for a car on pump gas you expect to last for 100,000 miles.

How David Buschur can tune the similar set up to make 620 whp and last for thousands of miles is what makes him the best 4G63 tuner in the world.

Sure in the Uk they do a lot of tuning but they have a lot of slow cars also.

AL
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I think if Al wanted to get into more detail on his car he'd do it himself ifarted........Don't spread rumors about what he has or doesn't have as you have no clue what he is running.

I don't get people..........I really don't.

Nice job on the power Al. Also for those of you reading, I did speak with Al today and I wasn't aware that he had actually taken the SMC kit completely off the car, so it was 100% pump gas.
David - I agree with you 1,000 %

BTW - I have no clue what Shep did to my transmission - if anyone is curious give him a call

I have not had the SMC kit for a long time as I discovered it was of no use with VP Import that I was running last year (another Buschur suggestion that was 100% true)
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evodan2004
AL you use jun cams right????
Undisclosed

I have used Jun 264 and 272 cams in the bast along with HKS 264, 272 and 280 as well as Buddy Club cams and the Buschur Race Cams and the Piper Cams
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

If you look here David i had a question mark on the end...

but if you ignore the question mark it makes for more drama,

and who loves drama more then thirteen year old girls
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Undisclosed
well considering one of your last threads said you just finished putting jun cams back into your car im going to say yes.

my question is how come you dont run buschur cams in your buschur motor??
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodan2004
well considering one of your last threads said you just finished putting jun cams back into your car im going to say yes.

my question is how come you dont run buschur cams in your buschur motor??

Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
... so it was 100% pump gas.
Who cares if it was 100% 87 octane.. the tune was not safe.

Why the tune wasn't safe I have no idea.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Is Tomei 280's not good?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:45 PM

dam nice power

Quick Reply: Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations