Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Don't need map quest im pretty sure you know the way
Yes I do ha don't need any maps to get there, I know Stacy the local patrol (police) there in Wakeman,she went for a ride in the BAD BISH to She loved it!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously did you see the *** of my car sideways in third gear Poor dustin got his ear drums blown out.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by U2SLO
Seriously did you see the *** of my car sideways in third gear Poor dustin got his ear drums blown out.
Damn the car went sideways!!! Thats very impressive!!! I think its time for a better tire Pete!!!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pete you nut job
Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Just saw that spining in 3rd thats hott!!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 08:33 PM
Account Disabled

The speed u guys were goin, the place must of been low on steaks lol Last one gets no steak.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

must be really cold
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Just saw that spining in 3rd thats hott!!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:37 PM

i think his clutch might be slipping because it sounded like it wasnt adjusted right, it was so high off the floor to engage that i think it wasnt fully engaged half the time he was letting off and it caused it to slip the disc's too often.

maybe just putting the new thicker plate in and adjusting it lower will fix it.

its hard to explain how quickly they got up to speed from watching a video like that, i think something shot in the daytime would show better since you can barely tell they were starting from a dead stop.

Pete, whats w/the avatar ? you gotta show off your car, not the HKS, you'll never find that on the street like yours is.

Last edited by Spoolin Spyder; Mar 5, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin Spyder
i think his clutch might be slipping because it sounded like it wasnt adjusted right, it was so high off the floor to engage that i think it wasnt fully engaged half the time he was letting off and it caused it to slip the disc's too often.

maybe just putting the new thicker plate in and adjusting it lower will fix it.

its hard to explain how quickly they got up to speed from watching a video like that, i think something shot in the daytime would show better since you can barely tell they were starting from a dead stop.

Pete, whats w/the avatar ? you gotta show off your car, not the HKS, you'll never find that on the street like yours is.
That;s Buschur's time attack car.Np.Can't wait to see the MR2.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yesterday I get an email from U2SLO (Peter's, car the topic of this thread).

This is what it showed:
Attached Thumbnails Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations-compression.jpg  
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to put this all in order in the same post. The picture is of a compression tester, Peter did a compression test on his car and sent that photo to me. It shows 175 psi.

I then asked him, how were the rest of the cylinders? He resonded with this:

"Yes it is 175 Across the board beautiful!"

The title of his e-mail to me was "9,000 plus miles and 175 pounds"

Very nice. I think it is time to discuss briefly the up keep side of a car like this. Peter's car has done exceptionally well. I mean he has had no problems with the car.

He is **** about the upkeep though. He changes the oil very often, keeps fresh spark plugs in the car. He is constantly checking the car over. Water levels, looking the engine over etc. It has really paid off allowing for a lot of trouble free miles on a very high horsepower car.

I think too many people do builds like this, leave the hood shut and just expect to drive them. Maybe some of my posts even make it sound like that is what is suppose to happen. That really is not the case. On a build like this when you are making over 300 whp per liter there is upkeep required.

You really no longer have a car that you leave the hood closed for 3,000+ miles between oil changes and then just do an oil change and go on your way. I don't think it's even reasonable to expect that.

I have seen two failures in the last year that to me, were just retarded that they happened. I will not go into details as I am not going to insult any of our customers. Both of these were major, we stood behind them (even though I am sure we are the only company in the automotive world that would have, I'd even say I am an idiot for doing it) the causes for both failures could have been easily avoided completely by simply checking oil or keeping an eye on the gauges in the car. The builds were not old and they were warranteed at a huge expense to us but both were huge builds to begin with. Point is, the problems could have been avoided by just checking the cars over.

So, if any of you are planning on high horsepower builds just keep it in your mind that the upkeep goes up the higher the horsepower goes up. More frequent oil changes, closer attention to your gauges, checking under the hood for leaks, loose hoses etc.

Peter, you have done an OUTSTANDING job with your car and making sure it stays healthy, we appreciate that!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave I applaud you for bringing some realism to the notion of running 600 hp everyday in an EVO. This brings up a point I've been meaning to ask. What type of oil consumption can one expect with a Buschur motor?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Yes I do,I always drop my oil and filter alot ,vinny at no limit looked inside valve cover with flashlight and said it was better than new in there.
The most important thing is to check it before I start it up,every time you put fuel in the car check it,if it's low on the road just add it I keep 2 quarts oil in my truck for just incase!,and I change the oil and filter every 500-700 miles and depends how hard I run it.
If I run c-16 then pump gas I always swap out he plugs to.I check the compression every time the plugs are out,they are cheap to buy and no reason not to stay on them.
Oil is everything to me and keeping it clean and full is why I have 175,175,175,175 pounds of compression across the booard.9000 plus miles 30+psi boost.I lost count of how many dyno runs!
I use quality oil and filter only,and again for your 30k-plus build,why wouldn't you spend $41.86 on oil+filter.
I also replace tranny oil transfer case oil and rear oil every 3,000 miles.I have no leaks no drips or errors in my car and it runs perfect,I get over 30 miles per gallon and it's still amazes me how well this cars runs.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crcain
Dave I applaud you for bringing some realism to the notion of running 600 hp everyday in an EVO. This brings up a point I've been meaning to ask. What type of oil consumption can one expect with a Buschur motor?
On a 612 mile drive to Buschur's I burn a half a Quart of oil,average speed 65 miles per hour.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Your not the only one amazed

Quick Reply: Another new PUMP gas record, thanks Driven Innovations