Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

JIC exhaust manifold and downpipe questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JIC exhaust manifold and downpipe questions

I just bought a JIC Bullet 505S Sus stainless steel cat-back exhaust (sorry I can't afford the all-titanium 505S Ti and since it's special order - takes months to get here) and will be installing it tomorrow after work. I wish JIC would've made a turbo-back exhaust, but I was told that JIC will be releasing a downpipe for our cars within the next few months. However, I looked up JIC's site and there it says there's a downpipe available for the Evo 7/8 CT9A, but it says it is JDM-spec. Now does this mean it will only fit JDM Evos, or it will fit a US Evo but cause some exhaust problems? I need some verification on this. If it does fit and won't cause problems I'll buy it, but if it has issues I'll wait for them to release a US-spec (if ever there is any) downpipe.

Same goes for the exhaust manifold. On JIC's site it says it is only available for the Evo 7, but since the 7 and 8 are again similar, why won't it apply if they can share similarities in our exhaust components?

But anyway, I hope I made the right choice with the exhaust. Should I have gone the extra dollar and bought the all-titanium Ti or is the stainless steel Sus good enough? If any of you have the same exhaust as mine, please holler back so I can get some feedback. Maybe some good sound clips (I've tried downloading some bad ones - and they were really bad) too.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

I saw an add for their downpipe on www.boostsolutionsinc.com so I'm hoping there'll be a US-Spec JIC downpipe.

Feel free to post pictures and impressions of the exhaust once it's installed on your car; I'm definitely sold on their cat-back.

Last edited by MrBonus; Jul 29, 2003 at 09:48 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

The exhaust sounds awesome! It rumbles at idle and when you gun it - it sounds menacing! And this was with the silencer on it!

I didn't adjust the tip though. Should I have? Would I burn my rear bumper? Any experiences from anyone?

Also, I was wondering where those 2 metal "strings" go? I know they're supposed to tighten something, but what? Maybe I need to check out the install forum...