Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How far will 780cc injectors take me?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon
I think you missed the point... the calculation is wrong, hence we aren't really running over 80-90% on the cars I'm working with.
We do not know that for certain. We have speculated that the calculation is wrong, but no evidence has been presented. I remember the thread in Ecuflash and participated in it. JB did as well. It was inconclusive.

Having said that, I have tuned an Evo 9 with intake and TBE with test pipe and ECU boost control and it ran out of stock injectors ~ 110 IDC. Yes, this happens with ECU boost control since you hold ~2 psi more by redline than you do with an MBC on a stock turbo.

IMO, go big once you run out of injectors. Get 1000 cc and be done with changing injectors once and for all. You can run 1000 cc on the stock ECU. If scaled properly, the car will purr like kitten and the fuel mileage will not be affected.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think some are worried about having too much and not needing it. but when u need it and dont have it u sing another tune. get a little more than u think u need u should be cool. 880cc somewhere in there is always good and gives u room to grow so to speak.just my 2 cents
Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nj1266
We do not know that for certain. We have speculated that the calculation is wrong, but no evidence has been presented. I remember the thread in Ecuflash and participated in it. JB did as well. It was inconclusive.

Having said that, I have tuned an Evo 9 with intake and TBE with test pipe and ECU boost control and it ran out of stock injectors ~ 110 IDC. Yes, this happens with ECU boost control since you hold ~2 psi more by redline than you do with an MBC on a stock turbo.

IMO, go big once you run out of injectors. Get 1000 cc and be done with changing injectors once and for all. You can run 1000 cc on the stock ECU. If scaled properly, the car will purr like kitten and the fuel mileage will not be affected.
what more proof do you need? I ran up to 120% on the 780's before it began leaning out and now I'm on 880's and at 110% i'm not out of fuel yet.